Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at trading in my car on a new Z in the next few months. Does anyone have a realistic trade in value I could expect to get on my mint 2004 MY Z06 with 24000 miles?

I know the dealerships by me use galves for prices. Does anyone have access to those prices? I tried edmunds.com, KBB.com, and nada.com, but all those sites seem to give artificially high quotes. One gave me a trade in value as high as $34875! Although I wouldn't mind getting that on a trade:zboobie:, I think it's a little high.

TIA

Pete

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take what you can get brother! Most of the time people are complaining of low trade in. I used to own a GTO and traded it for the Z06 I have now. Trade in on those will make you cry the blues! There are guys who have bought 05/06 GTO's for mid 30's and there giving em between 18-21 on trade! One guy on the GTO forum made fun of me cause I paid 26K for my 6 year old Z06 and my reply was his car will be worth about nothing when it turns 6! Be happy you have a car that commands top dollar!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Trade in value at a dealer is dependant on what they can get out of you on the new car.....
They will give you whatever you want-$35K, $38K - how high do you want to go ? as long as they make it back on the new car--
If you look at auction prices- that is more realistic on trade in value without "packing" the new car- If you get a little more than current auction prices- that is as good as it gets right now...
Sell private party is another option-otherwise I would say anything over $30K and no price packing on the new one is about right.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just sold an '02 Z06 to a private party, with 22K miles, for $30K. I think we both got a fair deal.

Dealers will screw you every time on a trade-in...or tack the deficit on to the new car price.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fstvet1 said:
Trade in value at a dealer is dependant on what they can get out of you on the new car.....
They will give you whatever you want-$35K, $38K - how high do you want to go ? as long as they make it back on the new car--
If you look at auction prices- that is more realistic on trade in value without "packing" the new car- If you get a little more than current auction prices- that is as good as it gets right now...
Sell private party is another option-otherwise I would say anything over $30K and no price packing on the new one is about right.
would you consider sticker for a 2007 "price packing"?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whipdan said:
Dealers will screw you every time on a trade-in...or tack the deficit on to the new car price.
I know what you mean, but I really HATE selling cars privately… tire kickers, joy rider are such a waste of time. Right now I’d rather take the hit from the dealer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have sold 3 cars on ebay easily...'97 Jeep, '68 Camaro and '02 Z...in all cases someone contacted me, made me an offer and I ended the auction with a deal. Every time, the person flew in, took a look at the car (I always send plenty of pics in advance) and drove away never to be heard from again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whipdan said:
Every time, the person flew in, took a look at the car (I always send plenty of pics in advance) and drove away never to be heard from again.
Jeez! What did you do to those people? Might see you on unsolved mystery's one night huh?:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Two of the times...I met the person at the Denver airport...both times at night...we went to a lighted area of the parking garage to look at the car...they must have been satisfied...

I too would not want to have multiple people looking, and test driving, the cars....that is why the auction is nice.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I had my car appraised a few weeks ago as I was thinking of trading my Z16 for a 07 Z06. They offered my 31.5 since they had a few go for an auction for around that price. I'm sure I can get some more if I decide to get it considering they have a 10k markup on the 07 Z

·
Registered
137 Posts
piker said:
would you consider sticker for a 2007 "price packing"?
Nope- that sounds like the going price- sticker- so if you get it for sticker and they give you anything in the $30+K that is looking like about as good as you could do- the dealer wants to make 3,4- even 5k on your trade in if they can, and your Z sold to a private party should get close to the mid 30's.

It really comes down to if your State has a tax break on trade ins, and if you want to hassle dealing with selling it yourself......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Turbine-Man said:
MY 03 with 13,000 miles would have been worth $32,000 towards a new car trade......................
In SoCal, an 04 will get less than your 03 with similar miles if traded today...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts