Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a brand new-still in crate 04 crate engine bought to do a conversion on my 57 Chevy. Purchased from Burt Greenwald Chevrolet in 1/04. Paid $7000 for it w/shipping,take $6000 firm for it or will keep and possibly put magnacharger on it and put in my 02 Z. PM me or Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm not interested, but:

Please help me understand "crate engine."

What is not included? Or what would you need from the original engine?

Thanks,

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
DA KAR
The general has done it to you again. Check the price on the crate engine at GM Parts Depot! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a complete production 04 Z06 longblock that they offer to Hot Rodders.It is NOT a shortblock,it is the same exact motor installed in a 04 Z. Comes with the exhaust manifolds and flywheel and clutch already in installed on motor. If I decide to go w/ the magnacharger,I can take my orig.02 Z motor out and drop this 04 in.When I purchased it Burt Greenwald had the best price out of everyone.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's a great price :thumb: :thumb:

GM PART # 12578104
CATEGORY: Eng Asm-(must provide commercial shipping address)
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $9,650.00
OUR PRICE: $6,755.00
DESCRIPTION: 5.7L LS6 CRATE ENGINE (2004)
This is a productions engine built for the 2004 Corvette Z06 with 405 horsepower. This productions engine includes and aluminum block, aluminum heads, crankshaft, rods, pistons, valve train, camshaft, valve covers, oil pan, intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifolds, balancer, and flywheel. It does not include any electronics. "Emission legal for Corvette LS6 option only."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts