Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start out as a novice in Autocross with the SCCA here in central Ohio. A 66 yr old kid playing with big toys.

New Continental-ExtremeContact Sport tires on factory rims, DBA Rotors, CarboTech 1521 pads, long tube headers, catless X pipe.

O2 sensors were intermittent faulty so they were all replaced. And a complete Flush and refill of ALL fluids.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going to start out as a novice in Autocross with the SCCA here in central Ohio. A 66 yr old kid playing with big toys.

New Continental-ExtremeContact Sport tires on factory rims, DBA Rotors, CarboTech 1521 pads, long tube headers, catless X pipe.

O2 sensors were intermittent faulty so they were all replaced, And a complete Flush and refill of ALL fluids.

View attachment 17760
looking great

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
24 Posts
These cars are fun to autoX (which I did with mine when we were both younger ;)) Originally had a little trouble with the skid pad until I discovered that my Z wouldn't zag; just hunkered down and grabbed the asphalt. Whadda feeling! For nostalgia, I'll still play with 90 degree turns at ~60.

Have fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rain and thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Sorry I don't like driving in the rain. Cancelled the hotel and the registration. There are plenty more this summer.

Got all the stickers on. Someone asked if the stickers provide more HP, I said yes because it makes me feel like I'm in a racecar. Reminds me of when I was 12 and building model cars.

I'm in this for fun, don't care if I finish last.

Here for the smiles. Boomer life!!!
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Windshield banner like most of the stickers are not very level, so don't stare...LOL
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

NB for the win...LOL
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Got a new helmet too.
Helmet Sports gear Hood Automotive design Sports equipment

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
24 Posts
LOVE the stickers, but you forgot Goodyear and Mobil 1 ;)
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

Only the very young could forget the racing history of the C5R...

Have fun!!

Reactions: NavyDavy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts