Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acording to the Kerbeck website, the '05 model year build is being extended to Sept 8.

Does this mean the new Z06 is also delayed?

·
Registered
432 Posts
proexpert said:
Acording to the Kerbeck website, the '05 model year build is being extended to Sept 8.

Does this mean the new Z06 is also delayed?
No! Dave Hill said last weekend they are starting them next monday the 25th of July as per planned! :eek::

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The regular 2005 C6 coupe and vert will be built along with the the new 2006 Z06. Looks like they are changing the new model change over dates. This will give the General a 14 month year once. :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I'm also trying to find an accurate answer to the production start date while here for the Fest.

A GM Engineer brought a Black C6 Zee to the Hampton earlier....I informed him I had one on order, and if he could tell us when customer cars will start on the line, he told us he couldn't divulge that info yet.

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like 1967 and 1982 all over again. In '67, Chevy wanted to introduce the C3, but production problems delayed the new body style for one year. In 1982, it happened again, and there was no 1982 Corvette. I think they have problems and don't want to tell us. Why delay the 06 coupe and vert, are they significantly different than the 05 models? Or maybe all the effort is going into the Z06, and the coupe and vert will have to wait. Too many fires in the hole at the same time?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I just returned from Bowling Green. Our local corvette club, USA-One Corvette Club of State College visited the NCM and Assembly Plant as part of our visit on Sunday and Monday. During or tour of the plant on Monday our tour guide (a student intern from WKU) stated that the production of the 05's will continue through the beginning of September. He also said that they are currently building some Z06's on the assembly line but all the Z06's that are currently being assembled are for test purposes only. He said production of salable Z06's will not begin until production of the 06 model year starts in September.

GM did have a red 06 Z06 parked nose to nose against a silver coupe outside the entrance to the plant tours. The car looks awesome, a coupe on steroids! I'm sure the wait will be worth it and I am jealous of all who will be receiving this incredible world class sports car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The build was extended because of the slow ramp up to full production speed on the coup and the convertible...production of units for sale of the new C6 Z06 will start on the 25th of July.. :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Steve is right July 25th is the start of production for the Z but ramp up will be VERY SLOW. Do not expect many cars to be deliverd before Oct.

·
Registered
203 Posts
[email protected] Les Stanford said:
Steve is right July 25th is the start of production for the Z but ramp up will be VERY SLOW. Do not expect many cars to be deliverd before Oct.
So Rick or Steve, have any orders been accepted and assigned a TPW?

Both of your dealers have allocation for July and August, does this mean you will not likely have all these cars produced in these months?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes, you are right about that Rick..where you been hiding man ...give me a call..when are you coming back to the ATL for a visit?...projected production of 20 per week in the beginning..we should get our first ones in around end of August or first of September..quality control will slow things way down in the early production..but that is the way it should be.. :thumb: It took three months for the plant to ramp up to full production speed on the C6 coup....they were working 6 days a week..normal production is 5 days a week @ 10 hours a day. :yeadog:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts