Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Base of 67500 loaded 72500. I think it will be lower because they are taking so long to decide. GM is not very good at pricing when you consider they were knocking 12000 off of an 04' last year. Figure they were still making money. The new Z06 will use the same formula because they are expect people paying through the nostrils fresh out of the box.

Do not buy them and the price will drop! Let them sit for a few months and watch the discounts! Get off the list now and save some money! :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
When the C6 first came out people were paying 5K over sticker to get an early one. The same will happen with the ZO6. Wait til next year. They will still be making them. And yes, remember the ZR1...although I don't think GM will limit production to such low numbers.

Rich

·
Registered
40 Posts
You know, I was just thinking- there haven't been quite enough of these 06 Z price threads lately. :roll:
Between here and Corvette Forum, it's enough to make you :puke:
Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious for a final $ as well, but haven't we all been speculating enough over the past few months.
Rest easy guys, pretty soon it'll all be over. Some of us will be :drunken: with joy, and some will be :cry: . Either way, we'll know soon.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm hoping $57,600.00 base unit Z06. Like it's been said, remember the ZR1.

ZR1's built, 1990=3049, 1991=2044,1992=502, 1993=448, 1994=448, 1995=448. History, gone. Priced right out of the market.

Now that says a lot when GM plans on at least 5-7 thousand C6-Z06 in 2006.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
BiPlaneFlyer said:
When the C6 first came out people were paying 5K over sticker to get an early one. The same will happen with the ZO6. Wait til next year. They will still be making them. And yes, remember the ZR1...although I don't think GM will limit production to such low numbers.

Rich
I got an early C6 (VIN # was less than 650) and I did not pay over MSRP. One needs to shop around.

·
Registered
240 Posts
here we go again, price price price...i guess soon we will know for sure.

but my guess is 59,999k...

·
Registered
882 Posts
427 C6 said:
NO WAY !!!!!

GM needs to add no more than a $10k premium over a similarly optioned coupe for this thing to sell.
Too bad they didn't add any additional style. :mah:

It still doesn't pass the grandmother test. :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
I want one....and will have one. Question is when, and that depends on price. We are anxious to hear.
My son was in the Chicago burbs looking at a used C5 for a shirt tail relative who wants to buy one for her husband's birthday (gotta love that). Dealer in Schaumberg. He talked to the Vette guy. He says 75k will be the sticker and that he has several orders for 15k over!!!! (OK, just how high can you stack it?)
I'll sure be anxious to hear the number. Just wonder if the General will shoot themselves again by putting it in this price range. The plus side of this is that there will be huge discounts/rabates by next spring.
The sled will have a ton of content and again lead the field in "bang for the buck" but at mid 70's, one is getting into serious territory of the 911 which will hold a helluva lot more resale a couple more years down the road.
Wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Initially i was thinking the car was gonna be in the 70ks but the more and more i think about it i dont think they will make it that high. i think base in the low 60s with a fully loaded in the high 60s. They truely do want to not break that 70 barrier or it puts them in a whole new bracket in my opinion. Then they are competing in the viper/porshe territory. GM wants to beat these cars in performance but doesnt want to be in their price range. In all the tests of the c5 and c6 the vette's only saving grace to win a lot of the shootouts was the price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will tell anyone.. I LOVE CORVETTES. But lets face it, for your 70 or 75k you wont get all the perks that you get with a Porsche or a BMW. What perks am i refering to? SERVICE! Does anyone own a porsche or a BM'er? Whats the dealer service like? Will THEY come and pick your car up for you? YES.... Do they give you a hassle over warranty claims...NEVER.... Do they appreciate your business AFTER the car leaves the show room...ALWAYS... Thats my exeperience with these 70K+ cars..

I have owned 3 Corvettes..including my current 04 Z06.... and I have owned 2 Camaro's, 4 Caprices, 1 Impala SS, and a Buick Regal.... I have at least 4 bad experiences with EACH car from the respective dealer service centers... FOR 70K+ I expect a whole lot more from GM than the car itself... therefore:

I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAT A 58 BASE FOR ANY CORVETTE IN THIS DECADE... BECAUSE GM AINT CHANGING THEIR SERVICE FOR NOBODY..AND I KNOW THAT MUCH FOR A FACT...BEEN THERE DONE THAT....

Has anyone noticed how expensive GM parts have gotten lately?...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I actually had a friend with a 330xi that had trouble trying to make a warranty claim on a battery issue. It was worked out in the end though. But it does happen, admittingly not as much. No dealership is perfect, but it seems most GM dealerships are a little further from perfect than the european dealers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Much 2 Fast said:
I will tell anyone.. I LOVE CORVETTES. But lets face it, for your 70 or 75k you wont get all the perks that you get with a Porsche or a BMW. What perks am i refering to? SERVICE! Does anyone own a porsche or a BM'er? Whats the dealer service like? Will THEY come and pick your car up for you? YES.... Do they give you a hassle over warranty claims...NEVER.... Do they appreciate your business AFTER the car leaves the show room...ALWAYS... Thats my exeperience with these 70K+ cars..

I have owned 3 Corvettes..including my current 04 Z06.... and I have owned 2 Camaro's, 4 Caprices, 1 Impala SS, and a Buick Regal.... I have at least 4 bad experiences with EACH car from the respective dealer service centers... FOR 70K+ I expect a whole lot more from GM than the car itself... therefore:

I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAT A 58 BASE FOR ANY CORVETTE IN THIS DECADE... BECAUSE GM AINT CHANGING THEIR SERVICE FOR NOBODY..AND I KNOW THAT MUCH FOR A FACT...BEEN THERE DONE THAT....

Has anyone noticed how expensive GM parts have gotten lately?...
very good point!

And thats why, new 06z06vette will go for about
58-59,999k!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Redbull said:
very good point!

And thats why, new 06z06vette will go for about
58-59,999k!
And being wrong about my guesstamite for the base price, yes I sure hope I'm wrong. And 58-59K is the real base price. However a engine as strong as this one is with the correct parts to make it reliable seems a bit on the low side.
Again definatly will not be upset if it is lower.
Must agree with the consideration by Mercedes & BMW dealers for customers which is on a much higher level with the training given to their personel, including parts personel that Chevrolet dealers could definatly learn from for the courtesy extended for owners of all despite the entry level 30K or a 100K car.
For obvious reasons, they wan't you to stay with them and return to perhaps get that AMG or M-Class neat ride, yes, the correct way to do business.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
$57-58K base model. As I've said if they get to greedy and hope for a ZR1 revival they will see plenty sitting on the lots. Remember the 2001 Z06, oil problems, 2002 shifting fork and clutch problems 03-04 Z06's have steel shifting forks. Oil problems fixed by 2002.

So if the price is to high plenty will drop off the list and wait to see if there are any problems and save several thousand dollars getting one a year later. Which would be smart.

Remember, GM is in trouble I really don't think they can afford to loose anymore faithful customers to foreign competition. :usa:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts