Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Yep the price, production, all will be answered by Dave in two weeks. So hope to see the faithful there at the C5/C6 Birthday Bash.
For those that want a 60K base price, you have no idea how I wish thats gonna happen.
And Friday morning Dave Hill will personaly introduce the 2006 Z06 and reveal production numbers and, well maybe, price.
As for us in line would really like to know.
So I hope if you live near Bowling Green Kentucky a neat place, and great food and really hospitible folks.
As a vendor just cannot say enough about the Kentucky attitude, as in just darn nice, so hope you'all show up to see this neat new Z of all.
The only American Indian surrounded by white Polaks. Well there not all Polaks . can i take that back?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I hope you are right and all the speculation can end once and for all. IMHO GM has stalled on this way to long.

If it comes in somewhere in the 60-65 range, then I'll look forward to a hard decision comparing it vs the Shelby. If it comes in over 70, then my business will definitely go to Ford.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
snakecharmer said:
I hope you are right and all the speculation can end once and for all. IMHO GM has stalled on this way to long.

If it comes in somewhere in the 60-65 range, then I'll look forward to a hard decision comparing it vs the Shelby. If it comes in over 70, then my business will definitely go to Ford.
No argument there, as a fan of Carroll will buy a 4000 series Cobra if any hasle with my deposit for my 2006 Z in reguards to price stuff. Yep I'm in the Shelby Camp and don't really consider a Cobra a Ford, as my deal will be with the the neat 1965 Cobra. Hey a 427 with alloy heads not to shabby. Not as Hi-tech, still capable of handling any mission required even today, and with survivability, my kinda platform of performance. Yep the Cobra still rocks.
As perhaps you are considering a 2005 Shelby GT 500, uups sorry, a 2006 Z will smoke you even if he misses a shift.
As the saying goes (this is the badest MF in the valley)
Nothing in a stop light sprint on (any where USA) this is A nasty Corvette with A TUDE.
A new standard of (later days) is about to happen. So saddle up or watch it go by.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tonto, love all the things I have bought from West Coast Corvettes. Hoping your will have some great stuff for the new Z06, such as an even "longer/more pronounced" rear CF diffuser than you have for the C6. a CF hood which looks more like the C6R, etc.

Will find you at the Museum during the Birthday Bash.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Geeee....tonto...wish wcc could be a paying vendor on this site....:thumb:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Come on GM...Bring this at mid $60s :z:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be there with my father on thrusday night and all day friday we are driving from Fort Wayne just for this event!

·
Registered
179 Posts
MSiska said:
Geeee....tonto...wish wcc could be a paying vendor on this site....:thumb:
Sorry were not, please e-mail me the details and I will make that happen, xxxeditedxxx
As most all Z owners are serious Corvette motorheads and no doubt the serious side of Corvette that I really like, not the bling bling stuff.
As I'm hoping the weather God's will smile on us next weekend in Bowling Green, as the 2006 Z06 Godfather (Dave) will do his best Howard Cosell impersination and "tell it like it is".
As real world production numbers and, drum roll please, BASE PRICE.
So for those that wan't to be the first to know, next friday morning BE THERE.
And those wanting test rides, no shuving, I'm first.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
elegant said:
Tonto, love all the things I have bought from West Coast Corvettes. Hoping your will have some great stuff for the new Z06, such as an even "longer/more pronounced" rear CF diffuser than you have for the C6. a CF hood which looks more like the C6R, etc.

Thanks, and yes we have a new carbon fiber hood, and today fitted it to our C6 coupe and just were not ready to show it till it meets our standards. A rear spoiler similar to the C6R is a coupla months away.
However a cold air twin flow air intake for the C6 is about 3 weeks out and will be on our C6, Also have a long tube header system/w good cats and X-pipe.
However a real good cold air system, darn it, just not ready yet.
I will get in trouble for saying this, the stock C6 (quiet) exhaust system still the best, the aftermarket stuff with mufflers weighs a ton, fyi.
Adding weight behind the rear axle, not a good thing.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Here's to Dave Hill and a 60,000 MSRP :guiness:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
elegant said:

Thanks, and yes we have a new carbon fiber hood, and today fitted it to our C6 coupe and just were not ready to show it till it meets our standards. A rear spoiler similar to the C6R is a coupla months away.
However a cold air twin flow air intake for the C6 is about 3 weeks out and will be on our C6, Also have a long tube header system/w good cats and X-pipe.
However a real good cold air system, darn it, just not ready yet.
I will get in trouble for saying this, the stock C6 (quiet) exhaust system still the best, the aftermarket stuff with mufflers weighs a ton, fyi.
Adding weight behind the rear axle, not a good thing.
See you next friday to see the next generation, the Z of all time, upps meant the American Super Car that sets a new standard of performance for the money, OHHH YEAA.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If 72K is the base price, GM will have signed the Z06 Death Warrant

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
It'd be nice if you really want to advertise to just become a Supporting Vendor. Then you wouldn't seem so obtuse....AND OBVIOUS.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zippy said:
Tonto:

I'll be at the Birthday Bash. Will stop by your semi and say HI!
Please stop by and say Hi, as your posts always on the money, as we agree on the facts, not bs.
If my memory is on line, you have a C6 Z51 Silver coupe, so do we, and have only driven it a coupla times as a prototype vehicle. And a surprize as to how much better than its predicessor.
First thoughts are the shifter, is way quicker, and even fresh 30 miles on the clock lots quicker. However a good 2004 Z pilot would dispatch the new kid, the new Z, we'll see.
However the styling of the C6 in my eyes is more American Corvette styling than its (for sure gonna get into trouble for this) C5 replacement.
See you next weekend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DJWorm said:
It'd be nice if you really want to advertise to just become a Supporting Vendor. Then you wouldn't seem so obtuse....AND OBVIOUS.
I have no problem with your requirements, as posting about where I work is really not a good thing for those that support this forum, considering that we don't, and I will remedy that.
If you have e-mailed the information to my earlier post, (at work) I can make it happen on monday. As at 9:34 California time I'm not at work now.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Tonto...contact JC (N4C5S) or Les (Fubu) with a pm or email. They are the Administrators of this wonderful site. To do this, find their site name and click on it. A drop box will show you that you can PM or email them.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I concur Old Red. Corvettes - even super vettes - are still predominately "working class" people's dream cars. As soon as the list price exceeds three times the average U.S. household income, the appeal of buying one falls off dramatically. Production will be more than demand, and cars will start piling up on dealers' lot nationwide. This is certainly what happened in the early 90s in the ZR-1's heyday. Dealers were soon forced to discount 12k or more UNDER MSRP just to move them out of inventory.

What we all must remember . . . Corvette is still sold by CHEVROLET, a "value" car company. Even the top of the line, most exotic Corvette ever (mass) produced ultimately must look like a truly GREAT value for the money, but to the working class, not the fat cats with more money than they know what to do with.

End of sermon. :ity:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts