Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As just that, however a C6 test mule has this rumored power plant, and a more speculation deal as its supercharged.
Considering Chevy likes its hi-perf stuff the old fashion way, natually asperated. As with pure cubic inches.
Considering the rumor that a same cam in block design will be the power, credence to the rumor (sad).
However considering GM keeping a real overhead cam engine seceret makes sense from the design folks.
As a new Chevrolet twin cam 4 valve per cyl head 32 valve engine would be some stellar news.
Along with a (funtional working power convertible top) for the C6. As a major dissapointment in delivery of this neat C6.
Doing research and developement on customers not a favorable acceptance of a comitment to a extreme loyal customer base the spends $$,$$$.00 loyalty as these folks do.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I could understand some of what I think you were trying to communicate and it sounds very interesting. However, I hope that your thoughts are less fragmented than your sentences as your "free association" post leaves me confused.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Tonto,
I am putting the peyote down now and am sensing the power you are discussing coming in 08' for my favorite Chevy! :zboobie:
This high tech bowtie platform will smoke 'em all no matter what car you could compare it with!

Blue Devil this pale face is ready. Tonto get some firewater and hang on! :z:

The Corvette SS will be the Z06's elite performance brother! :thumb: I will wait for that one no matter how long it takes for GM to build! A true Super Sport Corvette is my kind of car at last! The top Siper Sport of all GM's ever made!
My SS collection will be growing!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
tonto said:
As just that, however a C6 test mule has this rumored power plant, and a more speculation deal as its supercharged.
Considering Chevy likes its hi-perf stuff the old fashion way, natually asperated. As with pure cubic inches.
Considering the rumor that a same cam in block design will be the power, credence to the rumor (sad).
However considering GM keeping a real overhead cam engine seceret makes sense from the design folks.
As a new Chevrolet twin cam 4 valve per cyl head 32 valve engine would be some stellar news.
Along with a (funtional working power convertible top) for the C6. As a major dissapointment in delivery of this neat C6.
Doing research and developement on customers not a favorable acceptance of a comitment to a extreme loyal customer base the spends $$,$$$.00 loyalty as these folks do.
Oops! I flunked Romulan 101! :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
GM already said the SS WON'T be the top dog if and when the new camaro is released. It will go back to old roots and bring the Z28 back as the baddest camaro on the block.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Tonto,

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

I believe your saying GM is working on a 32 Valve DOHC motor.?

considering GM keeping a real overhead cam engine seceret makes sense from the design folks.

I personally have not been impressed with dohc motors since I became a corvette enthusiasts...(back a few years I guess)

OHV motors as in the LS1/LS2/LS6 and now LS7 have proven the compact light durable design superior to most DOHC motors in the marketplace.

GM's LS7 is the epitomy of Chevy small blocks and it kicks @ss on supposedly more "sophisticated " DOHC motors..

Just my opinion and admittedly biased...

Of course all it takes is to own one to know.

Thanks for the thread. (even though we may not all agree)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
(((((tonto))))))

I hereby sentence you to remain sober until you can write that in English. No more Insomniac Thatre for you!

Alex ;)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
tonto said:
MMMmmm Tonto You Speakum True....GM get many horses underhood at one time but powertop still no work...Attack At Dawn !!

·
Registered
911 Posts
:jawdrop: :thumb: :ity: :drunken: :eyes: :usa:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I seriously doubt GM would put the "SS" moniker on the Corvette when it's never had it before (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a Corvette "SS").

GM sadly diluted the SS designation by putting on the junky V6 Monte Carlos and Impalas (and I even use to own a '02 Monte Carlo SS!... what a mistake!).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts