Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hot Nevada Vettes is proud to host the 2009 WSCC Viva Las Vegas Convention in Las Vegas, May 7th - 11th. Four days for activities and fun are planned http://www.corvetteconvention.com/images/coventionimages/2009schedule.pdf

Highlights include, gymmick/poker rallyes Friday, cocktail mixer at the top of the Stratosphere, a Fremont Street Car show, an all Corvette track day at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway (bracket drag racing and autocross), club hospitality suite competition and go-cart racing. We've planned it so there will be something for everyone to do. ALL CORVETTE OWNERS are invited to attend and there is NO penalty for non-WSCC members.

Check out our new website at: WSCC Corvette Convention 2009

Registration will open December 15th, 2008.

We look forward to having our Forum friends join us.

Paul

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Hmmmmm. Just 8 hours away!!!! Looks like a fun time. May, huh? Look slike I will need to submit for two vacations in 2009. Winterfest and now Viva Las Vegas. Looks like a nice itinerary. (Especially that miniature golf scramble!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our event hotel is across the street from the Hard Rock and down the street from Planet Hollywood.

The hospitality suite competition usually is completely off the hook!

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 Months To Go!​

As of today, it is exactly 5 months before the WSCC Convention starts. We have a number of registrations already. If you want to participate in the Fremont Street car show you should send your registration in early. The car show is limited to 100 cars because of space. However, everyone can go and enjoy the car show since there is plenty of public parking close by.

One question that has now come up a number of times...What about your club's cars and the 100 spots in the car show. Are you going to take all the spots? When we decided to host the Convention, as good host, we would let the out-of-Towner's have first shot at the Fremont Street car show competition. Our club members will only fill in if we don't get to 100 cars. It's looking like we will have a lot more than 100 cars from out of town. So our club members will work the show and not put their cars in.

WSCC Corvette Convention 2009

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is actually four months left before Gambling and women!

I guess I should have used my fingers... (Jan, Feb, March, April)

Anyway, it's time to sign up for the convention! We have cars coming from Colorado, California (Northern & Southern) Arizona and Nevada. We're working on getting some cars out of Utah and Oregon also.

Registration
WSCC Corvette Convention 2009 Registration

Website

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
17 clubs signed up so far! Is your club going to attend? We have cars from Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, California and Arizona! So don't wait until the last minute.

Come On, It's Vegas Baby!

Click Here for to find out more!​

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Kieth

It was nice you decided to join us on the Spring Mountain run Saturday.

I hope you guys decide to return to Vegas for the Convention in May. We really have a lot of fun stuff planned. I would recommend the rallyes, the drag racing and the autocross. If you can stay for Monday events the go cart racing is a lot of fun also.

Of course the parties we're planning in are true Hot Nevada Vettes style...plenty of jello shots and beer. :drunken:

Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Paul,
We had a blast,that's for sure! I'm saving my pennies because I really want to take the level 1 course at Spring Mountain..what a great place!! I'm also trying to make the convention..problem is it's my daughter's B-day and for some reason she's not keen on Vegas...I'm trying to talk her into it..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keith

Let me know what your daughter likes to do and maybe we can set something up for her to do while you're at the convention.

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just had a conference call with the Fremont Street Experience and they are allowing us to put 50 more cars into the our car show, May 9th!

Right now we have reached the hundred car show limit.
By them letting us add 50 cars that will take our total number up to 150 cars.

The next 50 car can be in the car show!
So, if you've been waiting unto the last minute you just got a break!

Do not wait and miss out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like we could hit 200 Corvettes attending the WSCC Convention. We're at about 150 cars now and with a month and a half left, we could pick up another 50 cars. Twenty two Corvette clubs are represented so far!

Also, it is very possible that we could have 80 Corvettes drag racing, Sunday May 10th!

So if you've been waiting nows the time to fill out your registration form.

WSCC Corvette Convention 2009 Registration

1 - 20 of 33 Posts