Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
2 factory C6R GT2 Corvettes, 3 privateer C6R GT1 Corvettes entered, two by Luc Alphand Aventures and 1 by PeKa Racing who run in the FIA GT series in Europe.

Full details of the 2010 Le Mans Entry List here:
autosport.com - Le Mans News: Entry list unveiled for Le Mans
The entry list is much better this year.....I can't wait for the "preview" at Sebring in a couple of weeks. Now Corvette can win two classes ...twice the enjoyment !! But no GT1 in ALMS this year, only in the FIA races. Funny how many teams came back to GT1 after Corvette Racing left. PK Carsport should be a good representative in FIA GT however.
Next weekend I'll be at Homestead for the Rolex Series race....new Vettes there too.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I may try and get down to Sebring on Saturday...

Mark

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looking forward to the ALMS this year! Porsche needs a little payback me thinks. :sneaky:
Ferrari and BMW will be strong competitors too, but I think P&M is the best team despite what happened at Sebring.
Long Beach is next and it's very narrow and difficult to pass there. Qualifying is key .............I sure wouldn't mind if a Lizard hit the wall there !! :sneaky:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well, it's a new engine, new car. The cars were awesome for half the race but both GT2 vettes went out with engine failure... Better look into that before the C7 puts them to production (with turbos!)! The Peugeot basically unnecessarily wrecked one of the vettes, with the French guy behind the wheel in the Vette... Leave it to the French. They got what they deserve in P1... ; )

GT1 vette got second to the Saleen, beating the Aston... Again!

Now on to the second half of ALMS. Hopefully the engine failures and experience at LeMans will help the team end strong. These GT2 cars are still in their first "fiscal" year! I'm sure they'll find a way to penalty the GT2 vettes next year at LeMans for dominating half of the race this year...

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
I watched some of the race yesterday, but got frustrated because they only seem to concentrate on the P1 class and give s##t coverage to GT1 and 2.

A lot of bugs to be worked out in their first season with a new motor and class. I'm sure that all involved will solve their problems and give the sanctioning body another excuse to penalize the Corvette team for creaming the competition. :lol::lol:

·
9,755 Posts
Yep. One of the more frustrating things about watching ALMS is that P1, and to a slightly lesser degree P2, seem to be the only cars worth following :mah:
GT1 & 2 hardly get any airtime.

·
Registered
943 Posts
actually, in the ALMS races this year Speed has been better I think.

I also open my laptop and use the race live timing to really add to the viewing.

But I agree, LEMAns was all P1. I think Speed has to take what they give them. But I also think they've realized most watch ALMS for GT2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts