Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the dealer order in a full body stripe kit in Cyber Gray Metaillic, hoping for a somewhat subtle look. Since I didn't want to risk ruining a $900 stripe kit, I took the car to a local sign shop professional to do the install. He did a great job in about 5 hours:

The Cyber Gray created the effect I was hoping for. An unexpected plus was the Cyber Gray tends to mimick the gray in the carbon fiber.

I'm thinking this colour of stripe would likely go well with most body colours.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did well - looks fantastic. I also wanted the full stripes but didn't want the "in your face" look - so I went with the Carbon Flash on my black Z06.

Now that's what I call SUBTLE - LOL!
Very nice indeed.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Jacob,
The car looks great. I noticed in your older photo's you had your front plate mounted with the GE accessory which took up a big chunk of your grill space. I see in this photo you have the plate mounted lower in a position that does not restrict the airflow as much. Was the choice for aesthetics or cooling? Or both?

Can you share how you mounted the plate in the lower position?

Being in NYC it kills me to have the mandatory front plate on mine taking a big part of the grill and blocking airflow.

Regards,
Bowie

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jacob,
The car looks great. I noticed in your older photo's you had your front plate mounted with the GE accessory which took up a big chunk of your grill space. I see in this photo you have the plate mounted lower in a position that does not restrict the airflow as much. Was the choice for aesthetics or cooling? Or both?

Can you share how you mounted the plate in the lower position?

Being in NYC it kills me to have the mandatory front plate on mine taking a big part of the grill and blocking airflow.

Regards,
Bowie
Lower mounting position was done for both the reasons you suggest. Google "Sto-N-Sho" for the ingenious quick release mount.

Jacob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts