Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car only has 17000 miles and brakes already? No track time, just around town. Anyone else had brake wear issues?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I assume you mean it needs brakes pads not rotors? I you need new rotors, depending on what type of rotor you have, you don't mention anything in your post, it could be <2K if you have steel rotors to several thousands if you have carbon ceramic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rotors are steel. It needs both pads and rotors. Really, less then 2000 miles? I'd be back at the dealer with that one.
This car has not been tracked.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The less 2K I was referring to was price not mileage.
If I were you I would ask the dealer for the runout on the rotors first, if it is way out that maybe why they are recommending replacement of both the rotors and the pads. Sorry about the confusion, and I was a little high on the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The less 2K I was referring to was price not mileage.
If I were you I would ask the dealer for the runout on the rotors first, if it is way out that maybe why they are recommending replacement of both the rotors and the pads. Sorry about the confusion, and I was a little high on the price.
The price quote from the dealer was $4100. Looks like the parts cost about $2100.
How many miles did you get from your brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts