Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif yeah right, how the hell is a cop car going to keep up with a car going at 205 miles and hour

·
Registered
680 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
197 Posts
nyu- coming from a law enforcement background, I can tell you that its pretty darn hard to outrun radio waves or a whirly-bird or both /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif: If they want you bad enough, they are either going to stop you or wreck you. Been there-done that /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif::D:

'Dogs

'02 Blk/Blk Order #DKDRQG / Seq # 01165 / TPW 7-16-2001

DELIVERED 7/31/2001 w/ one mile on the odo

·
Registered
151 Posts
Coming from a Law breaking background, most Police helicopters can't do 205 mph! No Police cars can. Radio, Schmadio!
I'm still trying to figure out why Big Bill pulled over. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif One more thing: THEY WILL TAKE YOUR BUT TO JAIL IN NEW YORK FOR 154 mph /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif But hey, Free phone calls /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Lawyer for advice, Brother for bail, girlfirend..... I'll be late /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
89 Posts

On 2001-08-22 07:02, Gofastbilly spewed forth this drivel:
One more thing: THEY WILL TAKE YOUR BUT TO JAIL IN NEW YORK FOR 154 mph /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I got my butt dragged to jail for 93 in a 55 here in Maine. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif This was years ago when I was driving my Z/28.

·
Registered
197 Posts

On 2001-08-22 07:02, Gofastbilly spewed forth this drivel:
Coming from a Law breaking background, most Police helicopters can't do 205 mph! No Police cars can. Radio, Schmadio!

Gosh I used to love guys like you. Turned an otherwise boring and /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_bs.gif day into a true adventure /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif.

PS watch out for the Bell Jet Rangers and the run stops strung across the roadway, those are a real bitch on the F1 Supercars /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey, I accidentally outran a state trooper buddy of mine from Maine one time about 25 years ago. I thought he was my neighbor who had blocked me from passing him on the way to work that morning. I was coming home after dark and I floored it when I thought he (my neighbor) was behind me. I looked back after a few miles to see blue lights. I knew where all the pot holes were and my friend had not even had time to fasten his seat belt when I took out like a shot. He crammed his smokey the bear hat down on top of his head on the roof of his cruiser and had a terrific headache when I finally flagged him down from my driveway. I noticed him trying to catch up with his blues flashing and did the right thing. He knew I didn't have to stop him so he gave me a max ticket and then filed it for 90 days where I would have gotten his and any new citation I was hit with. We laughed about it later but apparently I had a tail light out and he was just trying to tell me I needed to fix it. He was calling in a road block when I flagged him down. Ahhh testosterone...........

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
A quote from the link:

"We're still gathering information on how much horsepower it takes to pull a C5 to 200 mph, but we have learned that the C5 is quite a bit more aerodynamic than the C4 and takes less horsepower to reach the magic double C-note. "

My calcs say 456 RWHP if the gearing was perfectly matched to the pear RWHP RPMs. If it had stock gearing, it would have to have even more RWHP :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
all the old guys here have the greatest stories about outrunning cops. My dad smoked a CHP about 25 years ago in his 69 VETTE ROADSTER WITH A 427/435HP AND 460FT LBS. damn what a car and to finish the story........The cop never found him once he hit the corner. Cop cars back then were shitty compared to a vette anyway:D :D :D

RedZ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts