Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I get my heads from AFR, I'm going with this setup. In addition, I've got LG headers, X-pipe, no cats and my Blackwing filter. How driveable do you think this car will be and are those cam numbers good for my setup that I have.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is that large of a cam on stock cubes or a stroker or 427? Seems like with that large of a cam you'd benefit more from doing a 225cc head and Fast90 intake setup.

Dixit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on the stock motor. This is what I'm looking for.....ideas on if I might need to change something....thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Id love to hear that thing idle when you get it up and running, Ive never seen a cam that large in a stock 346 cube motor. Ive heard a 231/237 112lsa and that sounded NASTY!!!! :)

Dixit

·
Registered
314 Posts
That cam is very big and will certainly need AFR 225s and the Fast 90 to realize it's full potential (205s will not flow enough up top match your cam lift).

I would also make sure your tuner has a handle on the FAST 90 set-up with that size cam...could be rough(surging) cruising at low RPMs.

Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a 240/242 608/612 112 on a stock cube motor
Fast 90 mm
90 mm TB
205 AFR heads
IT CAN BE TUNED FOR DAILY DRIVING!!!!
I drive mine everyday

·
Registered
102 Posts
22655TD, You gotta send me a video of the idle, man I gotta gear that thing roar. I never seen that large of a cam used for daily driving. Man..... PLEASE??????????????

Dixit

·
Registered
198 Posts
22655TD said:
I have a 240/242 608/612 112 on a stock cube motor
Fast 90 mm
90 mm TB
205 AFR heads
IT CAN BE TUNED FOR DAILY DRIVING!!!!
I drive mine everyday
wow! what kind of numbers does that setup put down? dyno sheets? timeslips? videos? i am very interested in that setup. :eek:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't have any clips with noise.
I have a few other mods also. LG headers, xpipe, cats, underdrive pulley, 170 thermo, Twin Exedy clutch, etc. I am putting down 487 rwhp. I was hoping to bust 500 rwhp so maybe if I remove cats and get electric water pump set up I might gain another 13 rwhp, maybe not

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
22655TD said:
I don't have any clips with noise.
I have a few other mods also. LG headers, xpipe, cats, underdrive pulley, 170 thermo, Twin Exedy clutch, etc. I am putting down 487 rwhp. I was hoping to bust 500 rwhp so maybe if I remove cats and get electric water pump set up I might gain another 13 rwhp, maybe not

It sounds real good...unfortunately a local cop didn't think so awhile back when Tom was in town visiting. :lol: :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have a 242/248, 608/612, 110lsa TRex cam from Thunder Racing in my '02Z. Stock heads, gaskets, intake and TB, and got 451rwhp. See rest of mods in sig.

Hard to say it's a daily driver, since my commute is only 1.5 miles and I don't get out of third gear. Anything can be a daily driver depending on what you are willing to put up with.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wingnut said:
It sounds real good...unfortunately a local cop didn't think so awhile back when Tom was in town visiting. :lol: :(
Friends with Mag chargers attract attention with their big dog houses on top of their hoods and then the cops go after the car that sound good. Isn't that what happened Randy?

·
Registered
385 Posts
smithsc said:
Have a 242/248, 608/612, 110lsa TRex cam from Thunder Racing in my '02Z. Stock heads, gaskets, intake and TB, and got 451rwhp. See rest of mods in sig.

Hard to say it's a daily driver, since my commute is only 1.5 miles and I don't get out of third gear. Anything can be a daily driver depending on what you are willing to put up with.
IMHO, the best sounding car at the Fest last year. :jammin:

Make sure if you are stock, for your own pride, park away from Mr. Smith....

·
Registered
76 Posts
You will make more power with Kooks 1 7/8s over the LGs with a setup like that. I have done back to back test on a heads/"big" cam like the setup you are looking at.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad SS said:
You will make more power with Kooks 1 7/8s over the LGs with a setup like that. I have done back to back test on a heads/"big" cam like the setup you are looking at.
The LG's are 1 7/8.....are you still saying that the Kooks would be better???

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only time ive seen LG's out-perform kooks, was on a stock internal car. Still, those two were apples to oranges. 1 3/4 to 1 7/8ths.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
bbunting said:
IMHO, the best sounding car at the Fest last year. :jammin:

Make sure if you are stock, for your own pride, park away from Mr. Smith....
Have to agree with Brian on that one. Steve's car with that
T-rex on a 110 Lsa sounds incredible, and most who heard it last year will agree it was the baddest sounding car there!
:thumb: :thumb:

Jim

1 - 20 of 33 Posts