Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking if I should order the 2LZ package with Navigation Option. I am wondering how much weight it adds to the car. Does anybody know. Also, why is yellow considered a premium color and costs $750 extra? Thank you for your responces.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have read on other forums that 2LZ adds 120lbs but I have no way to confirm.

The yellow in a "tint coat" that has a pearl like finish that changes color to some degree.

I found this on the web:

Millennium Yellow will be replaced with Velocity Yellow (RPO 45U). Velocity Yellow appears slightly lighter in shade than Millennium Yellow in part due to the fact that Velocity Yellow has an even “premiumer” "tint coat" finish. We’re told that the tint coat also gains a "depth" not seen with standard paint finishes. And of course, Velocity Yellow will be an additional cost paint choice.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I asked my dealer to look into it, and they called a Tech guy in BG, who told them about 120lbs. I have no way to confirm that either.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
120 is OK with me. After using NAV on my C6, it's a no-brainer when I ordered the Z06, NAV was a must. Well worth the convenience IMHO.

As far as adding another 120 pounds to a 505HP road car...Paul Tracy could feel the difference in handling ,but doubt the average Vette owner could.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
120lbs seems like a lot to me.

i'll pass

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The people that know the correct answer to the weight difference aren't saying (yet). I will venture a guess at less than 50 lbs. EPA certification's are very critical and I don't believe that the General got the new Z06 certified twice. (one with the 1LZ and one with the 2LZ packages). I would image by the time the fest is over we will know the answer. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmmmn, a decimal place went wrong.

The weight increase for a 2LZ was/is 12 pounds according to many previous forum posts. That was based on the weight being 3143 for a Z06 with the 2LZ package -- as it was shown on the driver door GVW sticker. Someone even posted a picture of the sticker showing the 3143 weight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Even if it's 120lbs, I don't wanna sacrafice some nice luxuries just to be .1 seconds faster on the quarter mile. This car has PLENTY of horsepower, and goes PLENTY fast. It's far more than just a muscle/race car. If you don't like those options, and benefit from the lighter car....that is great. But I sure hope people really wouldn't get these options just to squeeze that little ounce of performance out of the vehicle.

I am getting the 2LZ and navigation system by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts