Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, that was great. BIG Thanks to all for coming. I just watched the video I shot. As soon as I get these pictures off my new camcorder (still shots) They'll go on this new thread for everyone's pics, videos and commentary on today's event.

My initial report:

1. It was great to meet some new members who came this year. We had a great group of guys. Thanks to Silver Bullet Z (Jim) for the ride back to hooters, too.

2. Arnold's Full race interior was the coolest I've ever sat in.

3. Mario's Car is sick, (Cartek - sorry ECS stroker motor) and his brake package is off the hook. Just totally hardcore, bad ass. Very cool guy, too.

4. The Procharger/Cartek car I rode in for the cruise felt like it wasn't even trying at 130mph, that car is no joke (not saying whose it was to protect the not so innocent)

5. I ran Gene's (Phantasms) car with the Spec 3 clutch around the tobay parking lot after the cruise (I'm trying to pick out a new clutch and he let me try his) I like the way the clutch grabs and holds on. Thanks Gene.

6. That spunky, sexy little Brunette Indian/Guyanese Hooters girl was my favorite. Big fun in a small package.

Also have to say thank you to the sponsors. KOOKS stickers were placed on some very interesting places (photos to come) the Zaino kit and T Byrne certificate were awesome prizes, and the Caravaggio body package was simply an AMAZING prize to win for a Z06 owner.

OK post your pics and comments here guys...I'll be back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Damn, I posted in reply in NE. Ohh well. I agree with what you said. No problem about the ride, good talking to someone into cars like me.

Nice to see so many new faces, it's nice to put them with the cars I see around. To those who missed it, we all had a blast, though for some reason (I think it had to do with the cop on the end of the bridge) we kept things SOMEWHAT mild (didn't race past 4th gear). Traffic on the bridge sucks a lot.

Next year we'll have to get them to open up the rest of that parking lot so we can have som real fun and seperate the men from the not-so-manly. Ohh and we need at least ONE female corvette driver. Come on, theirs gotta be one.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Now what said:
3. Mario's Car is sick, (Cartek stroker motor) and his brake package is off the hook. Just totally hardcore, bad ass. Very cool guy, too.

Sorry I missed the fun out to Jones Beach, but the "honey do" list was waiting for me when I got home. Just taking a break now. :yeadog:

Thanks to George, Lou and Jed for hosting another great time for the area Z06vette.com breatheren to get together. :cheers: Great to see old friends, and meet a few new ones.

By the way Jed, I think the guys from ECS would have a thing or two to say about Mario's "Cartek" stroker. :lol:

Don

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Whoops - You're right, Mario's car is ECS - my bad. With all the excitement. Ok, I have some photos ready:

Caravaggio winner -- good day for him !

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Also, we have to thank KOOKS for sponsoring us. The shirts, hats and stickers were put to good use and enjoyed by all --

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And of course the shot that everyone loves...

Check out Geo on the right - he looks pretty happy

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
damn jed, I think we need some white reduction on that camera...the view blocking the taillights of the yellow Z lost some definition...

and my junkbox will be hitting the dealer on monday.....Goin the lazy route and making roadside assistance pick it up.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Good time!

Why is it that every time I hang out with Z guys I realize how slow and stockish looking my car is? I swear it's enough to giveme a complex :flaming:

NowWhat -- I want to see that video man!

Big thanks to George and all the sponsors!

Btw, Don -- George Segal is your long lost older uncle!

:cheers:

-N

PS - if anybody needs any pictures or video hosted, please feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
undertaker said:
damn jed, I think we need some white reduction on that camera...the view blocking the taillights of the yellow Z lost some definition...

and my junkbox will be hitting the dealer on monday.....Goin the lazy route and making roadside assistance pick it up.
Damn! You weren't able to make it home?! That thing was *hammered*!! Good thing for warranties, eh?

-N

·
Registered
596 Posts
Now what said:
And of course the shot that everyone loves...

Check out Geo on the right - he looks pretty happy
Hey Jed, First you had Cartek build my ECS 447 then you call me Geo. That's my mug trying to run behind you to get the same money shot which I did. :D Had a great time and look forward to next year. BTW who did 130 MPH and where did that occur? :sneaky: I could have sworn it was 148 + going over the bridge but I could be wrong. :guiness: Nice run guys. Mario

·
Registered
288 Posts
George thanks again for planning another great event!!!!
Thanks to all of our vendors for their generous donations!!
And of course……special thanks too Caravaggio for the awesome body kit, I can’t wait to have it installed.

As always, I had a great time today, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mario, you're right - thats you in the pic. Sorry man ! I remember you on the move to get the shot.! Anyway, post that shot here, please. I bought a new camcorder the night beofre this event and all the shots are very bright, maybe yours is better.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Keep them coming :guiness:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nabbs said:
Damn! You weren't able to make it home?! That thing was *hammered*!! Good thing for warranties, eh?

-N
I went home in 4th gear.....she sang the whole way home. Got off the highway and it wasn't pretty with me dumping the clutch in 4th to get her rolling again, but its in teh driveway waiting for a flatbed early monday, if they took it today it was sitting at the towing place's storage (ie. they'd kill whats left of the tranny)

I just had to put a stock shifter (you know that cane you rest your right hand on nabbs) and pull out that braided line running from the trunk to the engine, just incase they start looking for excuses not to gimme a new tranny.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Good time had by all. Thanks to the Jersey boys and the upstate men for making the drive to Long Island. Good, SAFE, time had by all. Only 1 screw in a tire and just a warning again for the "Evil" one. ;)
Don, it is smile at the camera, not down the girls shirt.

Big THANKS to the sponsors:
ZAINO BROS - Won by Z06ified

TBYRNE Motor Sports - Won by Arnolddir

All the KOOKS hats & Shirts won by MANY!
And most of all to John at Caravaggio - :usa: An awesome setup including spoiler, canards and runners for the rocker panels - Won by GAGS.

And of course to the Hooter's girls :zboobie: . My son made a hit with them.

Till next year.....................

·
Registered
881 Posts
UMMM It's hard to see the cars in any of these Pics!!!!!

:p : :lol: :roll: :rofl:

·
Registered
830 Posts
All and all a great time, some were missed from last year. We meet new members that enjoy our insanity. Lets all enjoy the new season with more events. Thanks again to vendors as stated before. Jed you did an excellent job convincing the girls to pose as usual. Geo, Great job executing plans. (sorry about your sticky clutch pedal). Thanks to all that made long trip to make this event possible. If anyone has any suggestion such as an autocross as one showed interest PM me or any other organizer and well see what we can do.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great pictures! Looks like fun was had by all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts