Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched the last couple of hours. One of the C6R's crashed, actually the driver put it in to the tires to save it. The crew tape it back together and they still finished in the top 10.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
3 cheers for the Corvette's :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Thanks for putting the spoiler in the title. I have it taped, but haven't watched it yet.

Oh well.. I should know better than to hit the forums if I don't want any race results.

Sal

·
Registered
830 Posts
Perhaps meant 3 vettes finish in top 10.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
tambeng said:
It looks like from the screenshot, DB9 won the GT1 race.

Yeah,
Am I seeing something different???? Looks like Corvette took 2, 3, and 6. I didn't get to see the race but just reading the post, maybe I'm confused. Wouldn't be the first time for that!!

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
I guess that answers the question someone posed the other day about how well the AM would do. It looks like the C6Rs have some good competition this year.

·
Banned
809 Posts
2MchFun said:
I guess that answers the question someone posed the other day about how well the AM would do. It looks like the C6Rs have some good competition this year.
I love it! This will make the C6-R better to compete with the other cars and in turn, it will make our cars better. That's what racing does for cars and that's why I love racing. That's also why I hate NASCAR. The manufacturer's aren't learning anything from NASCAR.

It looks like Ford beat Chevy. Well.. Ford owns Aston Martin, so Ford indirectly beat Chevy.

Same with the Maserati. Ferrari owns Maserati, so Ferrari can race in the ALMS without putting their reputation on the line in case they lose. It's too bad that the car is oversize and against regulations. I wonder how that happened.

If you watched the race at all, the Maserati and the Aston Martin are downright gorgeous IMO.

Sal

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The C6-Rs led the first 8 hours; then Johnny O had a brake rotor disintegrate, had to put it into the tires to stop the car (a very cool move, as he saved the car), got the buggy repaired and soldiered on to finish second in class behind the Aston; the other car was hit by another competitor, lost its right rear suspension, had the entire suspension replaced and went on to grab third in class.

The C6-Rs had enough to win but just had some bad racing luck. I think they'll be fine. I did not see the privateer C5-R ever lead, but I did not see the entire race.:usa:

Corvetteracing.net is down right now, but it has all the details.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The amazing thing to me watching these races is knowing how fast the C6-R's are and watching the P1's just drive around them in the curves and in the breaking zones as if they aren't there. The C5-R did good! The C6-R's will be back.

Did anyone see the part where they showed to C6-R dash? OMG, thet was awesome!

:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
ROSSO Z said:
The amazing thing to me watching these races is knowing how fast the C6-R's are and watching the P1's just drive around them in the curves and in the breaking zones as if they aren't there. The C5-R did good! The C6-R's will be back.

Did anyone see the part where they showed to C6-R dash? OMG, thet was awesome!

:D
...And occasionally run into them, as well. I saw one of the Audis pop the Vette in the left flank, for which he got a stop-and-go penalty.

Frankly, since P1 is only about which of the two R8s will win, I'd like to see them race in Grand Turismo online and leave the on-track stuff to the real cars. I think GT-1, with its heavily modified street cars--Vette, Aston, Ferrari, Saleen--is much cooler than the no-drama parade of a (few) old prototypes in P1 and P2 and the Porsche Supercup Parade in GT2.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The site breaks the race down into 4 hour intervals. Here you go:

http://www.corvetteracing.com/

If the C5-R was truly faster, it didn't show in qualifying. The C6-Rs were 1-2 in class for qualifying, faster than the C5-R and the Astons, Ferraris, etc.

·
Registered
331 Posts
quickZ said:
If the C5-R was truly faster, it didn't show in qualifying. The C6-Rs were 1-2 in class for qualifying, faster than the C5-R and the Astons, Ferraris, etc.
Remember that due to bad weather conditions the official qualifying session was cancelled and the starting grid came from the practice results.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the other car was hit by another competitor, lost its right rear suspension, had the entire suspension replaced and went on to grab third in class.
Yeah, they fixed the car up from pit lane. I was watching them behind the pit wall. I was awesome.

I must add that the Maserati was insane. It had a detuned Enzo engine and sounded like an F1 car. I had a great time at Sebring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts