Corvette Z06 Forum banner

30,000 miles

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ZO6 AL-X 
#1 ·
and what needs to be replaced? Suspension-wise, are the shocks worn out? bushings wasted?
I'm still on my original brake pads, wonder what percentage I have left?
Any suggestions to make the car feel new again?

#2 ·
wow I didn't change out shocks until 50K miles

pads? for sure! even the stock ones will let you feel a fresh BITE.

I checked plugs/wires too at 30K, tires, battery (I changed mine out to an optima), and fluids (tranny to synth, oil to Dot 3 for the street, diff fluid)

#3 ·
I changed out my shocks at 58,000 miles for the 04 shocks. When I did there still was no leakage on the original shocks. So you should be good at 30,000.

#12 ·
A lot of the answers you can get to "recommended" services at mileage intervals are in your manual, or better yet online through MyGMLink.com There you can put in your VIN and it will tell you all the recommended services and those upcoming (pretty much straight from the manual) And you can update things like oil changes and such. Plus any dealer work you have had done that is in their computer system will show up on your car's page! I found it one day and have been using it and overall I feel it is pretty useful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.