Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I had the Z on the dynojet for the first time today. The car is bone stock and it pulled 352/349 at the wheels. Last year at the 1/4 mile the car was running low 12's at 118 to 120 mph trap speeds. Are those dyno numbers normal for an 03 Z or a bit low? Everyone else pulled what they expected and there was an 02 Z that pulled the same numbers as I did but had no track times to compare. Just wondering what you guys think :coo:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My1stZ said:
Hi guys, I had the Z on the dynojet for the first time today. The car is bone stock and it pulled 352/349 at the wheels. Last year at the 1/4 mile the car was running low 12's at 118 to 120 mph trap speeds. Are those dyno numbers normal for an 03 Z or a bit low? Everyone else pulled what they expected and there was an 02 Z that pulled the same numbers as I did but had no track times to compare. Just wondering what you guys think :coo:
Sounds normal for a stock '03.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You trap speed is on the high side for the amount of RWHP. Dyno's do vary a lot. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That is why a dyno is really for tuning only. Don't get caught up in the numbers. That is a great mph for a stock car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! I guess I expected more on the dyno just because of the traps the car ran last year. But as most people here, I would rather take a solid track car than a solid dyno queen :jammin:

On the positive side, the GF agreed that the car is too quiet and needs more power.... :D I guess I will be forced to buy some LG headers and high flow cats now :cheers:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
These are guys are understating your MPH...That is an absolutely awesome MPH...Do you have any idea what the conditions were that day...DA and other things?...You have one fast Z06...

Greg

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I've only hit 117 and thats was on an awesome DA day near sea level with et streets, a vararam and prt's untuned. Your car is flying.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know the exact DA but it was late in the season last year and as I understand it was very close to sea level. From my experience, around here when the DA is good the track prep is not so the ET's don't really show it :(

·
Registered
722 Posts
great DA + bad track prep = excessive spinning

excessive spinning + undergeared car = inflated traps

that's pretty much what I've experienced. Put some tires on the car and get to a decently prepped track and you'll most likely "lose" some trap speed but lower your ETs bigtime. :yeadog:

·
Registered
166 Posts
BLU-BY-U said:
great DA + bad track prep = excessive spinning

excessive spinning + undergeared car = inflated traps

that's pretty much what I've experienced. Put some tires on the car and get to a decently prepped track and you'll most likely "lose" some trap speed but lower your ETs bigtime. :yeadog:

I agree! :yeadog:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts