Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read in another forum that someone was advising another person to do a launch in 3rd gear. Is this common practice -or- even effective?

John.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Too funny, The guy who wrote that also said also knows how to drive a car with Automatic Transmission.
L = Lunge, D = Drag and R = Race :rofl:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
DELLZ06 said:
Hi,

I read in another forum that someone was advising another person to do a launch in 3rd gear. Is this common practice -or- even effective?

John.

If you want to kill your clutch in one run and run the worst time possible in a z06, 3rd gear launch is for you :rofl:

·
Registered
596 Posts
What's wrong with launching in 3rd gear I do it all the time. I'm usually doing about 65 mph when I launch and it works wonders for the rear tires :jawdrop: Otherwise I'd stick with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear sequence as someone over at GM thought really hard for us Z06 folks to do the 1,2,3 thing. The other guy leaving in 3rd gear did he just get released from one of the local state facilities? :screwy:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Well why the hell not? If Chevy thinks it's a good idea to make me shift from 1st to 4th while only going 15mph. :mah: ;)

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Cave Man said:
Well why the hell not? If Chevy thinks it's a good idea to make me shift from 1st to 4th while only going 15mph. :mah: ;)

:lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't see what the guy may have posted, But I am sure he is referring to an automatic transmission, and keeping it in 3 instead of Overdrive! A third gear launch on a six speed would be pretty ineffective!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Cave Man said:
I'm with you Cave...GM builds a car like the Z06 and then puts that in...Go Figure huh. I cannot think of a faster way to use up your clutch tho ...imagine a 5k launch in 3rd :lol:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You can kinda launch it in 2nd, not 3rd.

3rd gear launch. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts