Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed my third race this past Sunday. It was at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (BFR). Came in 3rd of 6 in class, 5 of 10 in race. It was 90 degrees, but I made it through the 1/2 hour race feeling OK. I'll admit I sat on the false grid with windows up and AC on :D . A guy from my club (Full Throttle Racing Club) knocks on the window and says "that's cheating!" I replied "I turn it off on track!"

Anyhow, I progressed a bit. I stopped driving my mirrors, was relatively smooth and had a good old time! :thumb: Also, i kept the tranny cooler on the whole time, and had no issues (I had had a shifting issue last race. (also fresh Amsoil....)

If I can get through 3 more races I'll have my full competition license. :cool:

Next up is a double race weekend in July at Road America. :jammin:

·
Registered
602 Posts
99cobra:

Good job! I am proud of you and your good finish.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I saw your picture on the Autobahn website. Have fun at RA. I will have to wait until October to run with CAROC.

I just looked at the results posted.

1:21 at BFR is a pretty decent time for a car with working air conditioning.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Congrats on a solid outing!!!

Glad to hear your problems shifting cleared up.

There are days I wish I had left my AC in the car... and if I had sat there watching you... :eek:
After I got proficient getting the car with all my stuff (HANs, 6 pt harness, radio, etc) I waited until the last minute to get in on hot days. Now I have dreams that I waited too long and I miss the pace lap and have to start last. :screwy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts