Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just got the new copy of Car & Driver and they got an '02 ZO6
0-60...4.02
1/4.....12.4 @ 116
0-100..9.2

The article is one page and is towards the back.

Mike :D :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice to read they drove it well!

One of my big 3 buddies was just emailing his boss about renting Grattan Roadcourse for some Fall testing.

Ah, Grattan in the Fall.. Nothing like *getting paid* to go beat the snot out of a bunch of cars at Grattan. He occasionally gets to test with Jackie Stewart (great guy), Boris Said, etc.. One heck of a cool job.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That is great. It is great to get a better time confirmed in a magazine.

We have some other great drivers getting under 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile in a stock 01 Z06, there must be even greater potential in the 0-60 times of the Z06 (3.9?).

- Charley

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said that they think they got 3.9 by John Heinricy (sp) being able to do clutch-less upshifts. Wow!!! I want to know how...

Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
trust me, we used to do a "clutchless shift" with a friend of mine's 1966 Dodge pickem up truck. You don't really want to learn this with a z06. Basically to do this, you rev the engine rpm to the point the sychronizer for the tranny is "in synch" with the engine then you shift. My Z06 would be very hard to do this on even with a ripper shifter I have installed. I would be hesitant to stress the synchronizers this way. Why would you want the extra .1 or .2 seconds anyway when you can blow the doors off of most anything short of a Viper GTSR.;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wow!!! C&D got much better #s than the '01 Z06 evaluated by MT as reported in their "Speed Wars" issue last August. For those that missed it, those #s for the '01 were:

0-60 = 4.24s
0-100 = 9.88s
SS1/4 = 12.64s @ 113.89mph

That's more than 2 tenths improvement in 0-60 and 1/4 mile ET measurements and +2mph at the trap. Even more impressive is nearly 0.7 secs less to accelerate to 100mph. An additional 20 hp & 15 lbs tq must really wake up the new model.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I think John Heinricy can get those good 0-60 clutchless shifting times because (A) he is a very good driver and more importantly (B) he gets all the free transmissions he can blow up.

Pat :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, baby!!!! Looks like they did it finally! Even more impressive than the 0-60 is the 0-100 time; simply astounding! Bring on those turbo Porsches - we're in pure unadulterated supercar territory! :cool:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
MY02:

Thanks for posting that!!!

I have a subscription to C&D but have not recv'd that issue yet! :(

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
680 Posts
raj said:
Yeah, baby!!!! Looks like they did it finally! Even more impressive than the 0-60 is the 0-100 time; simply astounding! Bring on those turbo Porsches - we're in pure unadulterated supercar territory! :cool:

:eek: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
raj said:
Here we go! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts