Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the stock Z to me:

General Motors is hatching a plan to significantly raise the profile of its flagging Chevrolet brand, with a scorching supercharged 600bhp version of the new 7.0-litre V8 Corvette Z06.

Dubbed the ‘blue devil’ by GM insiders, and caught here setting an impressive 7min 40sec lap of the Nürburgring in the hands of Corvette’s Le Mans class-winning driver Jan Magnussen, the car will be positioned to take on some of the world’s most highly-respected supercars, according to General Motors’ product guru, Bob Lutz. ‘We’re going to do something beyond the Z06, at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world.

link to the 4 pics:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/popups/gallery.asp?NA=216013

link to article:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=216013

Jan looks happy.

Kingpin

·
Registered
996 Posts
HAHA how do you like that his Z has Sparco seats? Wish they'd offer them as an option...

Actually, I'd hope for nicer seats than that (leather maybe?), but those Sparcos seem more fitting than the stock seats we've seen so far :)

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm confused. According to this article, it was a Blue Devil, not a C6 ZO6, that did 7:40 laps at the Ring. At an earlier post so many forum posters were elated at the ZO6 running 7:40, when it looks like that may not have happened.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I don't even want leather seats...I'd rather have some seats with side bolsters that actually hold you in place....

Should be a option......

Who else would give up leather to get some dam seats right from the factory that hold you in place without cinching up the belts as the only meathod?

I'm not impressed with leather as its slippery as hell...

JMO and we'll find out in August I guess what the real time is for the C6 Z06...

if its true the Blue devil is hitting 7.40's then the C6 Z06 should hit 7.43's if I took a guess...

Not a big deal to me personally..

The 7.56 of the C5 Z06 was awesome..

Anything better than that is gravy....

With its extra hundred hp...bigger brakes and tires?

I'd see any improvement as impressive...

These times being bandied about are truly amazing no matter what...

Look at the times for porsches 180 grand GT2.....and then decide whether to be disappointed .....that the Blue devil hits 7.40's....and not the c6 Z06.....in "base " form... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
petegtsv10 said:
I'm confused. According to this article, it was a Blue Devil, not a C6 ZO6, that did 7:40 laps at the Ring. At an earlier post so many forum posters were elated at the ZO6 running 7:40, when it looks like that may not have happened.
Time for GM to tell the truth then ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts