Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to drive a 409 cubic inch stroker a couple of weeks ago. Owner said about 450 rwhp and rwt. I timed it from 40 mph in 2nd to 100 mph in 3rd. Last weekend, I did the same in my Z06 and I was about 3/10s of a second longer to 100 mph. Not too bad for a head and cam Z06. Does anyone know what distance that would be at 100 mph? I think the owner would be a little suprised at how close we'd be. :cool:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zippy, I'd like to, but I will be in Joliet the first weekend of Oct for the Route 66 event which includes the Midwest Regional Championship series I'll be racing in and I will be in Lake Geneva the following weekend for a weekend on an oval track. That's about all the traveling we have left in us for this season.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I understand your question and I have done the math right (in my head), then at 100 mph you are traveling roughly 145 feet per second. 3/10ths of that would be 43 feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.