Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked a C5rZ drove home 850miles. This thing is a beast.
525RWH is way to much power. I think I bit of more than I
can chew. I got to re think this decision. WOW!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good luck with your new ride. :cheers: Takes a bit of time getting used to all that power :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
LOL thats like complaining about having a large "Tool".
Congrats on the car man just take it easy until you get accustomed to it.

Sabot

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
duece said:

Sounds perfect to me!

Chris

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
First of all congrats on the ride. Second, please give yourself every opportunity to learn the car. I've seen far to many unfortunate things come about because one loses respect for the car and the power. Be careful and enjoy the learning curve...... ;)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hehe... when I first got my bone stock '01 Z06 I brought it home and my neighboor came over and we went blasting down the street full throttle speed shifting 1-3 gears spinning tires... I stopped and was in shock... he said, "whoah, that's better than a roller coaster". I have to admit that the car scared me (it was so much faster than my mustang) and took care in mastering her power... I can only imagine how a 427 feels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yea, I'll take it off your hands, lol :)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Took a few hours :) to get used to mine. But now, I could use another 100 hp. Normally aspirated of course, none of the power adder stuff. :)

Joe

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Cobra4B said:
Hehe... when I first got my bone stock '01 Z06 I brought it home and my neighboor came over and we went blasting down the street full throttle speed shifting 1-3 gears spinning tires... I stopped and was in shock... he said, "whoah, that's better than a roller coaster". I have to admit that the car scared me (it was so much faster than my mustang) and took care in mastering her power... I can only imagine how a 427 feels.

I'm with you. I damn near shit my pants the first time I drove a Z.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
duece said:
can chew.
There's no such thing as too much power. ;)
If you decide to keep the car, remember your current feelings in a few months and see if you still feel the same way. Just be careful until you're comfortable with the package, and then maybe invest in a tire company. :thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, deuce!! Give it time like everyone is saying and you will love it. You have something that most of us would give a right "acorn" for. Return to this thread is about a month or so and then tell us what you really think. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z!

duece said:
You'll be fine ... you're starting out with respect for the beast ... that's a good thing.
You will learn how to manage the power and figure out how to get it to the ground. The resulting :D will be wide and permanent! :jammin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
you better keep that thing son! Power is for NA is very nice. Deal with it dawg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts