Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a car RPM just finished. I really like the numbers and the curve the setup produced! Not too bad for a cam with .574/.577 lift and through cats and 3:90's. :)

Heres the graph:

Copied from "the other board"
BLU BY U-I'm not usually much of a dyno guy, but these sounded too good not to post. With a little redline spike, it clipped 451.1/396.3 sae. This is with RPMs .570ish lift, 230ish duration, 114 ls cam, ls6 cnc heads, long tubes, dr gas 3" catted xpipe, borla stinger catback. It also has a stock ls6 intake and 3.90 gears.

The bad news is my clutch is pretty much toast. FWIW, it was a mcleod dual disk that saw about 400rwhp, 22,000 daily miles and a bunch of 6000 rpm launches. Although that's a decent record in it's own right, I think I'm going to try that aussie clutch next.

:z:

·
Registered
413 Posts
great numbers...gotta love those RPM boys and girls.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was planning on posting over here. Thanks Wade :D

I'd like to give more driving impressions, but I'm sick at home with the flu and the clutch is X. I can't wait for the texralia clutch to be dropped in and I'll probably conisder a catless swap setup and let Chris R retune it. Could it make 465?? I think it might. Chris had to reduce total timing quite a bit with the cats on for drivability concerns, especially low rpm.

I was able to make a couple of blasts on the drive home last night and it was roasting my 2 month old 18" nitto 555Rs rather effortlessly rolling 35mph in second gear. It just screams to redline. I can't tell everyone exactly how much these cnc heads gave me, but I'm guestimating 50rwhp and thats with the cats. I was around 405rwhp (that was through 3.42 gears) before adding the heads and 3.90 gears.

I'm impressed with RPMs cnc ls6 heads to say the least. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
WOW!! 450 rwhp/396 rwtq :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
BLU-BY-U said:

I'd like to give more driving impressions, but I'm sick at home with the flu and the clutch is X. I can't wait for the texralia clutch to be dropped in and I'll probably conisder a catless swap setup and let Chris R retune it. Could it make 465?? I think it might. Chris had to reduce total timing quite a bit with the cats on for drivability concerns, especially low rpm.

I was able to make a couple of blasts on the drive home last night and it was roasting my 2 month old 18" nitto 555Rs rather effortlessly rolling 35mph in second gear. It just screams to redline. I can't tell everyone exactly how much these cnc heads gave me, but I'm guestimating 50rwhp and thats with the cats. I was around 405rwhp (that was through 3.42 gears) before adding the heads and 3.90 gears.

Congrats on the numbers..........
My 01 is there now getting a F1 kit. I just put their grind 5 in last weekend and am tuning today around 5ish. I have a similar setup to you but with MTI's heads and an ele. w-pump. I am looking for 460"s or better as well with my 4:10's and BIG numbers on the spray.

Get well soon, J

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
BLU-BY-U said:

Very nice my brutha! I'm thinkin of doing the heads soon also. Stay safe and get that thing to the track!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Is that just a cam? No heads?

Zed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts