Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this has been posted. In case there are any doubts that it was going to be more.

Looks like it's more than a plastic panel on the roof also.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Here's a pic from the Detroit Auto Show....can anyone guess the name of the gentleman in the plaid slacks?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Zippy,
What time capsule did Dave get those pants out of? I haven't seen pants like that since the mid 70s on the PGA.

That is a pretty good looking cage around the cock pit. I imagine it added some weight but probably did wonders for the total rigidity and safety.

Tom,
Personally I would rather they left the 500 hp. If they had to annotate the Z06, I think 427 or 7.0 would have been more appropriate.

Don

Zippy said:
Here's a pic from the Detroit Auto Show....can anyone guess the name of the gentleman in the plaid slacks?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Now....

If only they could wrap the C5Z body around that rolling chassis - THEN THEY WOULD REALLY HAVE SOMETHING! :p

·
Registered
670 Posts
Those pants are the standard material for the new Z06 seats. Leather is optional. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Y2K2Z06 said:
Those pants are the standard material for the new Z06 seats. Leather is optional. :D
:screwy: I think someone's missing their seat covers from their Gremlin. :rofl:
At least he isn't wearing a kilt! :puke:

·
Registered
412 Posts
defender said:
If only they could wrap the C5Z body around that rolling chassis - THEN THEY WOULD REALLY HAVE SOMETHING! :p
That would be 'The Perfect Car'! :cheers:

·
Banned
39 Posts
Zippy said:

What a TOOL !!!!!!
When does his contract run out ???
Any talk of Hill being replaced ???
I figure once Dave is out, we can get an open air ZO6.
Dave, I think you should retire NOW.
You definitely have the wardrobe for the Florida retirement community.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
427 C6 said:
What a TOOL !!!!!!
Well... Not sure when his contract is up, but he's been a solid player in returning the Corvette to performance credability.

I could care less what Hill wears. I'm into what he thinks is a 'vette.

If you want a convertible buy a Solstice. If you want a Z06 buy it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dave wear whatever you want on stage! Just keep making these Z06's better and more powerful! Those pants most likely got people to look at him instead of the car.... :mug:

·
Registered
875 Posts
427 C6 said:
What a TOOL !!!!!!
I'm curious.. do you think that getting "rid of" one of the best
engineers the Corvette program has ever had is going to make
things better?

You can't have an open air Z06 because of structural rigidity.

It's called Physics. :bang:

JC

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave Hill is the best thing to happen to Corvette since Zora and history will reflect that.
He is Z06.

·
Registered
555 Posts
brian ns said:
I agree :thumb:
Yeah, those plaid pants have to go! :) But the man should stay. Those who keep whining about a convertible Z06 should go buy a vert and soup it up. I'd bet that the vast majority of current/past Z06 owners don't want a convertible Z06. :mug:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
In one generation Dave Hill took the Vette from being an underwhelming sports car, to a kickass sports car that can take on the best the world has to offer under 6 figures.

He's done OK in my book, plaid pants or no plaid pants.

·
Registered
449 Posts
He can come to Florida anytime...lots of Z's here!

I talked to Dave at Carlisle in August and he was just standing there talking on his cell phone. I said hello and we talked for 10 minutes. Very gracious and approachable. He put some teeth back in the Vette!
A bit of trivia. He said the Z16's emblems were originally designed with a 3 wins on the emblem as they were anticipating the the 3rd one. They had a produced a couple of samples and he lost his. Anyone got it out there? Anyway thanks for everything Dave....
As for rigidity, how do the Vipers get away with a Vert?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts