Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have An 02 Z06. I Have Vortech Coldair, 178 Degree Therm, Stepped Headers, Corsa Titanium Exhaust. I Would To Get 500 Rear Wheel Hp But Stay Reliable And Streetable. I Want To Kick But On The Track And Feel Confident Driving Across The Country. I Would Like To Put Low Pressure Sensors On To Warn Me Of Tire Issues, I've Been Down That Road Before, It;s Never Real Good. Try New Years Eve, Driving Out To My Summer House And The Tire Disintegrated, We Narrowly Escaped A Nasty Incident New Light Weight Runflats Would Be Great But I Don't Know If They Come In Sizes To Fit 18 X 9.5 & 18 X 11

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't believe you can get 18 x 11 runflats.

You're heading in the right direction. Add 90mm FAST Intake manifold & 90mm throttlebody, highflow cats & x-pipe. Then get some AFR heads, have them and the manifold port matched, and go with a cam that is not overly aggressive. And of course, get the car properly dyno-tuned. This should get you very close to 500 rwhp, while maintaining good driveability/civility.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What exactly is your question,dude?? Are you asking how to get 500rwhp,or tire sensors, or runflats, or wheels??

Run on sentences confuse me.

I say just slap on a procharger and get 500rwhp easily.

·
Registered
653 Posts
And save up for a new clutch...

Think this the first time I have ever seen someone capitalize the first letter of every word....looks wierd.

Also, when adding 150 more hp to a car makes it harder to say reliable or even streetable.

You can always put a 100shot and be done with it as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No way you are getting to 500RWHP with box stock AFR 205s and a small cam....you will need g5x3 or similiar to reach those numbers and some head work (ie AFR 225s)

·
Registered
413 Posts
You will not get to 500rwhp with H/C and stay streetable and reliable...you can get to about 450rwhp with suggestions given by others...you can get to 500rwhp with FI and remain "reasonably" reliable and streetable.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
427!!! will get you there. Drives great and runs on pump gas.

Chris

·
Registered
967 Posts
IMO, the only way you'll get to 500 rwhp reliably is to go big cube.
Something like a 427 from one of the more reputable tuners like ECS or LPE etc. will likely be the most reliable way to achieve your goals.

You'll notice that N/A motors are the preferred choice of serious racers.

Ask any engineer, he will tell you that the fewer parts a machine does to get the same job done the better.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Some tuners are getting 550 plus with the new LS2 block (402 cubes), AFR 225s, hydraulic cam, and pump gas (93 only - not a mix) with all belts.

Maybe a cheaper alternative to a 427-447 combo.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts