Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting 2000 miles on my A&A supercharger kit with a generic tune from on the computer I finally bought LS1 Edit and got the car to the dyno. My first run was a little nerve racking as I had no idea what to expect. I was HOPING for over 500 HP at the rear wheels. Then the results popped up... 473.1 HP and 429.4 ft-lbs torque. I was depressed. I didn't know if we could tune another 27 HP out of the car. But then the tech said she had an AFR of 10.8 at the beginning of the run and dropping to 10.2 at the end. So he took out 10% fuel and we tried again. I jumped up and down when the results popped up. 523.0 RWHP and 449.6 ft-lbs. We did one more run to back it up and got 521.8 RWHP and 454.0 ft-lbs. This is in Hawaii wih 83F temp. These are all the SAE numbers. The ONLY modifications to the car is A&A's P1SC supercharger kit and NOTHING else. Therfe was another Z06 owner there that couldn't believe the results. He was only getting 355 RWHP from his car stock.

Anyone looking for the most power for the buck and reliability of not breaking into the motor, Andy's supercharger kit is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Derrick

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Very nice Derrick. Thats almost 200hp gain at the wheels. I keep wondering why I didn't go with a supercharger....

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
tazinhawaii said:
After putting 2000 miles on my A&A supercharger kit with a generic tune from on the computer I finally bought LS1 Edit and got the car to the dyno. My first run was a little nerve racking as I had no idea what to expect. I was HOPING for over 500 HP at the rear wheels. Then the results popped up... 473.1 HP and 429.4 ft-lbs torque. I was depressed. I didn't know if we could tune another 27 HP out of the car. But then the tech said she had an AFR of 10.8 at the beginning of the run and dropping to 10.2 at the end. So he took out 10% fuel and we tried again. I jumped up and down when the results popped up. 523.0 RWHP and 449.6 ft-lbs. We did one more run to back it up and got 521.8 RWHP and 454.0 ft-lbs. This is in Hawaii wih 83F temp. These are all the SAE numbers. The ONLY modifications to the car is A&A's P1SC supercharger kit and NOTHING else. Therfe was another Z06 owner there that couldn't believe the results. He was only getting 355 RWHP from his car stock.

Anyone looking for the most power for the buck and reliability of not breaking into the motor, Andy's supercharger kit is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Derrick
Ver Nice...Wheels in my head are tuning here

·
Registered
382 Posts
Damn,those are awesome numbers....even the 473rwhp! What boost are you running? Sorry to ask,but this is all stock....down to the exhaust and pretty much everything else besides a blower? Wow...that must be the easiest and most potent mod ever. I shall consider it one day.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
very nice numbers and stock hood to boot. Do you have the dyno graph?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, NOTHING else has been touched on the car besides the A&A supercharger kit (includes the fuel pump and injectors), and the tuning. Since the dyno run I did a few non-performance mods (BPP shifter, and Nitto RII's). Coming from the Turbo Regal community I know what forced induction can do to a motor, and will absolutely have forced induction of some type on every perf. car I own from now on. :jammin: I do have the dyno graph, just have to figure out how to attach it to these messages. I will try tonight when I get home (at work now). For the $$$ and ease of installation, I don't think there is anything out there that can touch A&A's supercharger kit per horse added...

Derrick

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Derrick, nice numbers, A&A's kit is a very cool setup.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cant wait to get mine, i hope i can make numbers like that...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think I can post the dyno graph as I don't have the option of posting attachments... :-? And yes. I'm running 8 psi. Also have 20 degrees of timing with 92 octane. I might be able to get away with a little more timing but me and my tuner decided to play it safe. And 100 octane gas isn't readily available here in Hawaii let alone C16 or anything......

Derrick

Does anyone know what is necessary for me to be able to post attachments on here (i.e. the dyno graph)??

·
Registered
292 Posts
What't the price range of the supercharger?

·
Registered
372 Posts
You can host it on one of the free sites like photobucket.com (is it kosher to list that link here?) and then use the image button when you post to paste the link into.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Stumbo said:
What't the price range of the supercharger?
<---- www.aacorvette.com, he's a supporting vendor!

According to his site, the kit's on sale right now at $4995, and then you gotta add installation to that (unless you're crazy and do it yourself :) )

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
292 Posts
With adding about 150hp over stock...how long will the rest of the stock components last? engine internals? clutch? drive shaft? diff? Shouldn't those be beefed up for long term reliability?

Anyone else on the forum had longer term experience?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Stumbo said:
With adding about 150hp over stock...how long will the rest of the stock components last? engine internals? clutch? drive shaft? diff? Shouldn't those be beefed up for long term reliability?

Anyone else on the forum had longer term experience?

Good question...... :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts