Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from cruising on Woodward - met up with a few forum members from here and CF. Wow are there a lot of cars out cruising already. The estimates for next weekends Dream Cruise are over 2,000,000 people and over 100,000 cars! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Picked up the car with 24 miles, now have 54. Car must have been one of the "lucky" ones to get the more thorough quality inspection before leaving the plant.

I don't have much to base this on other than Zippy's Corsa exhaust, but I gotta say that the '02 exhaust is SWEET! Relatively quiet at idle, but above 3000 rpm it starts to sing. I haven't gone much over 3500 yet...still doing break-in obviously.

I'm glad to have the vette forums available as a resource - all the reading I've done in the last 3 months has calmed some of my initial concerns, answered about a million questions, and assured me that so far all is well with my ride - a few examples: the "normal" clunking/rattle in the rearend upon shutdown, orange peel (not too bad but it's there), clearing the "competition mode" indicator so I can see the gauges on the DIC, the courtesy light that always shines down from the rear view mirror, and about a million other little things that make you go hmmm.

Well, time to get back out there - only 446 more miles to WOT! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Somebody remind me tomorrow to put in the CAGS defeat I have sitting here - that 1-4 skip is driving me NUTS! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Todd:

If you need an excuse (LOL) to take your new beauty for a ride, I'm only a short drive away, and would love to see your new Z! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zip /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank - excited is an understatement./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zipster - I've got the entire weekend booked - I'll let you take her for a spin on Wednesday! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

151 miles and counting - only 349 miles until WOT! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I can't believe I have a Corvette in my garage! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.