Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be heading to the dragstrip for the first time with my 555RII's on Thursday. What tire pressures do you guys run with these tires? I figure since they aren't drag radials I should probably be running 32 pounds or so? Am I way off?

·
Registered
274 Posts
with my r2s i went as low as 18psi at the strip. i also ran at various psi in the low-mid 20s. the pressure changes never seemed to make any difference. what seems to make the difference on the r2 (and r) is the heat. if you do a real good burnout they will grab much better.

my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
What were your 60 foots w/ the RIIs?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I haven't taken my Nittos to the track. But, I would try something around 15 psi. They *do* need heat.

Alex

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not sure on the Nittos, but on our other drag car we went from 14/16/18/20/22 psi and had no differences in 0-60 foot times between those numbers. These were drag radials though.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
injuner said:
I will be heading to the dragstrip for the first time with my 555RII's on Thursday. What tire pressures do you guys run with these tires? I figure since they aren't drag radials I should probably be running 32 pounds or so? Am I way off?
Lower tire pressure works great for drag tires. But these aren't and have stiff sidewalls. I have run them at 14 psi with no stabilitly issues. They don't make good launch tires but stick alot better than stock from a roll. I ran a few 1.8x's in about 4 passes on them but these are my street tires. With 430 rwhp I basically spun right thru the 1-2 and quite a bit on the 2-3.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Richard Branca said:
What were your 60 foots w/ the RIIs?
I ran my Car today on street tires(nitto 555 r2's) for fun at the Corvette challenge.
Da= +2200
Psi= 16 1/2 cold
Track (average prep)
Best 60' was 1.723
I still feel these tires DONT make good launch tires but was pleased with the results. I think the nitto 555r tires would be in the high 1.5x's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts