Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I decided to enter the EFI (Quick Time Performance quick 8) and the Corvette Challenge today. That was the first and last time I did something like that. However, I'm glad I did it because I stressed the hell out of my car and she ran like a champ. Consistent low 9s throughout the day.

I started the morning off with a warm-up pass of 9.30 @ 148. On the second pass I cut a 1.37 60' and ran a 9.12 @ 150. The third pass was the killer. I was soooooo close to an 8! A 9.004 @ 150 on a 1.33 60' and 5.76 @ 121 in the 1/8th :eek: I could not believe I missed 8s by a lousy 5/1000 of a second. I think this car knows how badly I want it and she's just toying with me. Maybe I should name her Christine? :lol: Anyway, a 9.16 on run 4, a 9.15 on run #5, a 9.18 on run #6, 12.94 on run #7 (bye run so no need to beat on the car), 10.17 on run #8 (I let off after I left the guy waaaay behind in the quick 8 heads-up race), 10.53 run #9 (rain water from the rocker panels got under my tires on the launch and I spun). I made it to the quarter finals in the Corvette Challenge and I was a runner up in the Quick 8 because the car rolled out of the stage beam when I hit the trans brake and I was disqualified.

I have to give HUGE props to Neverlift, Cartek, and Injection Connection for building me such a reliable and consistent low 9 second car. I could no believe that I ran 9.1s all day in 2700' - 3000' DA. I don't know of too many cars in our ranks that perform so consistently and reliably. I love racing this car!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Awesome Paul! Great runs! :coo:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Great job, Paul! Awesome times and excellent consistency! You'll get 8s easily once the air gets better. :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Unreal...Great times and speeds...

Greg

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I was playin in the qtp radial class today paul......your car looked really slow :bs: ... I know I'd leave a puddle and clawmarks in it if I went for a ride.

Nice runs man, the car seemed nice and consistent like you said. It definetely has the 8's in it, just needs some friendlyer air....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys! I'm extremely happy with the car. Cartek and Neverlift nailed the combination of power and chassis setup perfectly. Right now, it is exceeding my expectations. I'm having so much fun. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't hit an 8 yet but I know she has it in her.

I forgot to say thanks to Tom and Alex who helped us throughout the day run both classes. I know it was a little crazy near the end of the day. Hot lapping a 9 second car :eek:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
That eighth mile was great. She must feel like a rocket. Must have your eye balls stuck to the back of your head. Good Pass. The eights can hear you knocking on the door and they are worried.

D.J.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don, this car hops when I'm turning off onto return road at 10 mph. I just can't see taking a turn at 50 mph :lol: Slicks and skinnies don't really mix with a road course.

D.J., she feels great. The cool thing is that I never feel like the car lays down; I feel like she just keeps on pulling right through the traps. The launch is the coolest part of the race. My eyes must be so wide open for the 9 seconds that I doubt I even blink once :lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Man, that's fast :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Woo Hoo... Congrats :cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Great numbers Paul!!
HOWEVER, the best runs on video we have on here are a couple 9.95's from last year!!
There has to be SOMEONE in your group that can work a video camera without jumping up and down during your runs!!
I'm sure we can find someone to host one of these wicked fast runs!!

Ken

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do you have a different set of wheels/tires for daily driving? On the lowest boost setting, what does she make?
Have you had her properly tuned yet or still waiting? :p

CHRIS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts