Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do i clip in the sub mounts for the 6 point harness?

I have a hardbar and I have the hard bar lap mount

do i tie in the sub mounts to this ??? i am probably confused since i dotn have everything sitting infront of me yet

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
For my passenger seat, I have both a lap belt and an anti-sub belt attached to this mount. I drilled holes and added grade 8 eye bolts for the lap belts and attached the anti sub straps to the bolts on the end of the Hardbar mount. Grabbed it and snapped a few pics for you. :cheers:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry, I just saw this. They way we recommend is to use the lap belts on the outside of the rail, and use the supplied fasteners for the sub belt to the inner holes on the cross piece. I suppose you can reverse that and do it the way Brad shows it, but most people prefer the sub to be narrower. In any case I do not recommend the eyebolts, since it puts a moment (torque) that it was not desgied for. I would prefer the fasteners be in shear and as close to the centerline as possible. It probably wont hurt anything, there are some moments due to the fastener offset from the natural center anyway, but that is the first I have seen anybody do that...
If you have any questions, please call...
Gary Hoffman
Hardbar.net

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
the inner holes on the cross piece.
Gary,
My Hardbar mount is a few years old at this point. When I got it, it didn't have any inner holes as you mentioned above. Have you added them?

Your suggested setup sounds better than how I have mine and that is how I wanted to do it. But this is a good example of why a person needs to think through the mounting hardware of the belts very carefully. I had a lap belt with the clip in ends already and they are sewn into the belt. I didnt' see a good way to hook them to the outside of bar where I have my sub strap attached. I'd like to swap the location of each, but not sure of the best way to bolt them to the bar.

Gary, how would you suggest I hook the lap belts with clip on ends to your bar on the ends? Not sure whether there is room for an eyebolt on the ends. How would you hook the sub belts to the middle where I have my lap belts, or is there another, better, location?

Thanks!
:cheers:

·
Registered
417 Posts
That is a very old one, and was made before we added the holes. The new design has many, many improvements not the least of wich include way more seat travel, and the holes for the sub mounts. That one can be used if the seat travel is not a problem for you by adding (2) 1/2 inch holes in the web for the sub.
Alternately, call us and we will sell you a new one at a considerable discount since you are a past customer.
Call Dennis at
978-726-1554.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ghoffman said:
That is a very old one, and was made before we added the holes. The new design has many, many improvements not the least of wich include way more seat travel, and the holes for the sub mounts. That one can be used if the seat travel is not a problem for you by adding (2) 1/2 inch holes in the web for the sub.
Alternately, call us and we will sell you a new one at a considerable discount since you are a past customer.
Call Dennis at
978-726-1554.

do the 2 circular roller tpyes things screw onto the front 2 seat mounting points?

I am the only one that drives the car so it dont think seat adjustability will be much of a problem

let me know if ya could get me some install intructions for this one and i will give it a try before ordering another one.

thanks alot

·
Registered
744 Posts
dvandentop said:
where do i clip in the sub mounts for the 6 point harness?

I have a hardbar and I have the hard bar lap mount

do i tie in the sub mounts to this ??? i am probably confused since i dotn have everything sitting infront of me yet
You might consider the BK lap belt brackets. They allow you to clip in your lap belt and sub belts with a 6 point. I used a Hardbar for the shoulder harness with these for lap/subs with 6 point I bought from Gary last year in DEs, worked good.

I'm going wheel to wheel this year, so I'm selling a set of the BKs (and my hardbar) if you are interested (and honestly, this has nothing to do with my recommendation, I really did like the set up.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts