Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could you just give me your RWHP #'s and what clutch your running, i like the spec stage 3 i have in the car now, but feel that it wont hold 650-700 rwhp. any advice would be good :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mccloud centered iron clutch

Mccloud dual works great!

And it is rebuildable,Unlike well we will not mention any names!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
McLeod twin disc.

Refurbished in Kevlar with a beefed up pressure plate.

Power specs in my sig.

Pat

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
774rwhp right now. Using the Spec 5 but it is my second one due to track use (drags).

Mike
Reply to me Mike for post #11,000 :cheers:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SPEC Stage III Clutch Kit

MTI now offers the SPEC Stage III clutch with the light weight pressure plate option. This clutch utilizes the stock hydraulics and is rated to support 700 ft/lbs of torque. Kit comes with high clamp pressure plate, 3 piece ceramic material disk, slave cylinder bearing and clutch alignment tool. It is recommended that a fresh flywheel be installed at the same time.

they rate the spec stage 3 on MTI's website for 700 ft/lbs of torque is that at the wheels? isn't a 700 rwhp ATI car only putting down 620ish rwtq?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
robiferretti said:
SPEC Stage III Clutch Kit

MTI now offers the SPEC Stage III clutch with the light weight pressure plate option. This clutch utilizes the stock hydraulics and is rated to support 700 ft/lbs of torque. Kit comes with high clamp pressure plate, 3 piece ceramic material disk, slave cylinder bearing and clutch alignment tool. It is recommended that a fresh flywheel be installed at the same time.

they rate the spec stage 3 on MTI's website for 700 ft/lbs of torque is that at the wheels? isn't a 700 rwhp ATI car only putting down 620ish rwtq?
Probably more like 600 rwtq. Im having the rubbing noise issue that, after doing a search on this subject, seems to be common with spec clutches. I may try the Aussie clutch from Andy when the time comes.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
605rwhp/594rwtq SAE for me.

Spec 2/3 hybrid. Not sure how long it will last, but I do not race on slicks or do lots of heavy burnouts.

I have run sintered iron clutches before back in my more hardcore drag racing days. I would not install one of these in a street car again. They can be _tolerable_, but they are not really meant for daily driving and lots of stop-n-go. They will certainly hold the power, but if you drive around and slip it much at all, you will wipe it out very quickly.

I think it really depends on the type of driving you do. If you drag race on slicks, you're going to be replacing clutches pretty often at this power level, no matter what kind you use.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Spec Stage 3 with aluminum flywheel. 607 RWHP - 512 RWTQ
Lots of aggressive street driving but no drag strip duty and I love the clutch. No problems at all from clutch or flywheel.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think that Cartek clutch will hold on to just about anything. I drove a Cartek 441 car that had the cartek clutch and it felt perfect.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Spec IV., Aluminum Flywheel. 35,000 hard miles behind a big cube motor. Just pulled it, because we pulled the motor. Probably would have gone another 10,000.

Going to RPS clutch with Aluminum Flywheel with steel inserts and iron teeth. Will let you know.

·
Banned
45 Posts
743/725 rear hp/tq
SPEC Stage IV

I plan on upping the boost to 18#s, probably will need a Stage V..but I will see how long the Stage IV hangs in there.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Got 600+ rwtq and couldn't be happier with my Exedy twin-disc. I highly recommend it for all types of racing. I was so excited to feel its engagement the first time I went through the gears (H/C + big TNT shot)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts