special edition 427's, oh my I'm feeling faint just thinking about
it.

Build it GM and they will sell !

;)

2Charmed

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
At those prices neither, but the 427 would be sweet. A 150 shot of nitrous is always available for those times when more is never enough. The twin-turbo would be a torque monster, but I think the naturally aspirated would be more controllable/usable most of the time (depending on the cam). For those top speed autobahn runs, the twin-turbo would be the way to go.

Hmm, I wonder how my stock '02 on a 150 shot would be compared to the 427 off the gas... A 427 is certainly not in my budget, but the 150 shot would be.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Very good question, and a tough choice.
I have been fortunate to have driven the twin turbo Lingenfelter car that was featured in all the car mags (the silver with purple graphics car). I drove it for about 12 miles on I-65 about a year and half ago.

The power, handling, and torque of this beautiful beast was absolutely SCARY! I had it to 100 mph in a flash! Unfortunately, I did not have my V-1 on the test drive, and was leery of smoky.
None the less, I was impressed!

BTW, gave some serious thought of having my car sent to Lingenfelter for the TT package, until I told Mrs Zippy it cost $23,000! :eek:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: how fast is to fast

rocknroll said:
Most of you have never had that car over 140 mph it will do over
180 with just a few mods do 0 to60 in under 4 sec with just about 3500.00 what the hell do you all need so much hp for just
suff your pants.
There is no such thing as too much power. :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I would go the 427 route - tradition plus the simplicity of cubic inches vs complexity of twin turbo set-up...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey rocknroll, I dont need to stuff my pants but just in case its a tough date Ill take 650 H.P. to make her weak in the knees That way I wont have to work so hard to get them apart. O yeah get a dictiorary you spell like your on dope.

COPTERJOHN:cheers: :) :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
4-2-7! My C5R block 427 finally goes in next week at MMS. Our version will be more aggressive than the LPE version.

The LPE TT would be awesome, but I think the 427 will be much more usable on the road courses.

Great choices--I'd love both!

·
Registered
175 Posts
sil350 said:
i think it depend on what you plan to do. if road racing then the 427. if you are going to be on the hightway and do some high speed rolling starts the twin turbo.
yeah
for those 1 or 2 occasions in each 100 years where the 427 wouldnt be enough to win and scare yourself silly

=)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.