Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard from Hennessey. It seems they have been having some fun with my car and Nitrous. He has my car at 660 ft lbs still with the stock motor. The 415 has not even been installed yet. Looks like those pretty wheels have to go. Can you say tubbed and 345s. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Will you be selling your wheels then????

I'm sure that you will have many suitors, as I have seen tons of admirers on both forums.

I'd be curious what you would ask for them. Also, can I be first on the list if you decide to sell them? I can pick them up from Hennesey (just a hop and a skip from me) if it came to that.
chris

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Woah!! -- 660 ft-lbs on a stock motor. What was the RWHP peak?

I'm wondering what the 'weak link' is in these motors -- rods?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
ZeeOhSix,

According to Chris at Katech, the weak link in the bottom of the stock LS1/LS6 engines is the Rod Bolts.

HTH,
01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
You can get the Rod Bolts direct from Katech, or thru a vendor.....Must pull the pan to install-should use a new gasket. Bolts are Beautiful.....stock bolts look like something you would buy at a hardware store. Once the pan is down, it's not to difficult to change out the bolts. Katech provides instructions. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
837 Posts

On 2001-08-16 15:40, 01ZEE06 spewed forth this drivel:
You can get the Rod Bolts direct from Katech, or thru a vendor...Katech provides instructions. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Any idea as to the cost of the set of main bolts??

Ranger

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Hennessey today and he gave me the latest dyno numbers. He has "NOT" dropped in the new 415. These numbers are on a stock LS6 with a 200hp jets. He told me that the Nitrous system is very basic at this point and he still is not finnished getting the Nitrous completed the way he wants it. He said with the 415cid and Nitrous I'll be close to 750rwhp and almost 900rwtrq!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

He told me that they were amazed at what kind of numbers this thing is capable of. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The wheels will be sold. I just do not know how much to ask for. The complete package cost me close to 6k and they only have a little over 3k miles on them, any thoughts?

Frank, the guy in the shop who is in charge is named Kyle Kent. I am going to call him tomorrow and see if I can't get you two hooked up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have pix of No Mercy's car & will post them soon.
Just for comparison, look at my Dyno #'s in my Sig. with just the Hennessey Heads/Cam & 100 jets. So you can only imagine what kind of #'s his car will make with the Stroker & Big shot of gas.:eek: :eek: :eek:

INSANE!!!!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Super #'s

With those kind of numbers you may have to go to a dual or three plate clutch, also might want to consider blueprinting the tranny and diff. I'd definetly get coolers for them as well as a bigger radiator and an engine oil cooler also.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Super #'s

With those kind of numbers you may have to go to a dual or three plate clutch, also might want to consider blueprinting the tranny and diff. I'd definetly get coolers for them as well as a bigger radiator and an engine oil cooler also.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Someone has to keep the Hawaii road maintenance folks employed - you're gonna be ripping up a LOT of pavement :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Darth Vetter has some. John Hennessey is missing a pretty good opportunity here. He (or one of his guys) should be making some kind of a step by step video/dyno/pic journal. Great advertisement. If I lived there I would be doing it but...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Mercy:

Absolutely Awesome! :eek: :eek:

With that kind of power, you could FLY your Vet to the mainland, and not even get your tires wet! :lol:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
No Mercy! said:
I think Darth Vetter has some. John Hennessey is missing a pretty good opportunity here. He (or one of his guys) should be making some kind of a step by step video/dyno/pic journal. Great advertisement. If I lived there I would be doing it but...
No Mercy, they are making pix, video & documenting the dyno results. I think they just want to finish it before the cats out of the bag, so to speak. Kinda like I did. When I initially posted my info about my car when it was finished, we had pix, video, dyno graphs, track MPEGS, the whole works. All the info will be splattered all over the Forums when it's done. ;)

They are also in the process of relocating the shop over the next 2 weeks( pain in the A $ $).

I will post some pix for you shortly. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts