Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Sad part is that (due to price) it will never be driven the way it was meant to be, but end up in someone's collection/museum (unless Jay Leno bought it).

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
It's too bad that the price has gone that high. Around ten years ago you could have picked up a 67 L-88 for around $250,000. The people who have been buying these cars will put them in a building and just rub up against them like a dog on cat poop. I doubt if they will ever be driven like they should be.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Had I been there, seeking an ultra-rare ultra-performance Vette, I might have gravitated to the '71 ZR2 (1-of-12, with the low-comp LS6) @ $450 + Buyer's Fee
***edited***

Word amongst the "knowledgeable" is, grab a low-mile '90 (especially) to '95 ZR1. Rare, fast, drivable, with a LOT of upside, they say...

Bob, I've noticed you disregarding the non supporting vendor link rule a couple of times lately. Please don't make me take action on this...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
It's too bad that the price has gone that high. Around ten years ago you could have picked up a 67 L-88 for around $250,000. The people who have been buying these cars will put them in a building and just rub up against them like a dog on cat poop. I doubt if they will ever be driven like they should be.
My good friend Robert Dubler, from Switzerland, has a 1-of-2 '68 L88 that actually raced in the '68 Le Mans 24. The other '68, restored "as raced", sold at one of the Monterey auctions a few years' back for $675 + Bidder Fee. Robert actively races his, several times a year, in European Historic and Hillclimb events... Would you drive your $1,000,000 Vette like this?!

BTW, his "backup engine"? A Dominator-carb'd all-alloy CanAm 494...

·
9,755 Posts
Wow! As much as I love the '67s that is a bit out of my budget :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts