Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some rough calculations, and it seems that my 7 year old daughter has more seat time in a Z06 than many, many owners have :)

She has almost 20,000 miles of Z06 co-pilot time.

We normally do a 250 to 300 mile loop about every 3rd weekend or so, sometimes even a Saturday and a Sunday run, weather permitting. And when I have been on vacation we have even gone 2 or 3 times during the week

We have done about 70 runs so far over the last 3 years.

We've done backwoods runs, open road freeway cruises, group rides, solo events, tangled with Vipers, Vettes, Supras, Mustangs, BMW's, STi's, EVO's, Porsches and even the odd Ferrari and Lambo.

We often visit podunk towns, eat some diner-style food and visit an antique shop or 2 where she would select a little angel of crucifix or some other nick-nack as a keep sake.

Other times she just begs for us to go "driving through the woods and farm lands to see Texas".

She seems to love it and I hope I have created some worth while memories for her to take with her through life. :)

-Paul

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thats great, my 7 yr old boy bugs me all the time to take the "hot rod", if we are running errands. When we do take it he allways wants to go on the "highway". If I tell him we are going to take it, he runs out to the garage and carefully folds the cover off the sides so I can roll it up.
We have a great time. :thumb:

·
21,351 Posts
My hat's off to you Paul! I wish I could drive mine more but it seems I always have something to do on the weekends.

At least you're getting your money's worth!

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's very cool Paul!! I can't wait until I own one to be able to go out with my son and daughter like that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Amazing.

She has 15K more miles than I do on my 2004.

I've got to drive it more, that's for sure. :idea:

·
Registered
420 Posts
What a great Dad!! :thumb:

·
10,998 Posts
JiminVirginia said:
Amazing.

She has 15K more miles than I do on my 2004.

I've got to drive it more, that's for sure. :idea:
:yeadog: :yeadog: Plan on driving down to Manassas Burger King car show on Saturday's to put on some miles. :D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sounds to me like she's got enough hours to upgrade to A/C (Automobile Commander) and move over into the left seat! ;)

:cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: Paul

Those memories will be vividly imbedded in her memory forever!!

My uncle used to ride a Harley dresser in the late 50's!
Not the best of images back then, but he would come by the house on a Sat afternoon about once a month.
I'd jump on the tank in front of him, he'd give me a 2 mile or so ride around the block then park it and go in the house and spend the afternoon with his brother(Dad)and sister-in-law!!
All I had to hear was that 'Uncle Joe' was coming by and I'd be sitting on the front porch in my 'gossie outfit'!!
Black boots, Levi's, black leather chaps, white t-shirt, black leather jacket and gloves!! Uncle Joe took me to buy the outfit at the local H-D store for my 7th b-day! The best part is hard to describe?
It was a Ralph Cramton(bus driver) type hat with a black top/white bill and Harley Davidson in white across the front!!

As you can tell by the description, I have vivid memories of those days and can't tell you what I had for dinner last night!!!

Keep it up Paul!!
Ken

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a blast with my 9 year old daughter and the Z. We've had some great times with the car. She knows all about the corvette wave and loves to wave at other corvettes. When I first got the car, whenever she saw a sports car she would ask is it faster?, I would usually have to answer nope. Well we saw a viper one day and told her yep the viper is faster. Well guess what she tells me she's getting when she grows up......and maybe she'll let me drive it. I had to tell her just recently that the new Z06 is faster now, but she still loves the vipers.....

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
That's awesome Paul. She's a sweet heart. I think I only seen you once without her. I wish I had that much time to spend alone with my kids without the old la ***edit*** my wonderful wife.
I always wonder who held the video camera in your movies. How did she hold on the bike when you made that video? :eek2: :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Kens06 said:
:thumb: :thumb: Paul

Those memories will be vividly imbedded in her memory forever!!

My uncle used to ride a Harley dresser in the late 50's!
Not the best of images back then, but he would come by the house on a Sat afternoon about once a month.
I'd jump on the tank in front of him, he'd give me a 2 mile or so ride around the block then park it and go in the house and spend the afternoon with his brother(Dad)and sister-in-law!!
All I had to hear was that 'Uncle Joe' was coming by and I'd be sitting on the front porch in my 'gossie outfit'!!
Black boots, Levi's, black leather chaps, white t-shirt, black leather jacket and gloves!! Uncle Joe took me to buy the outfit at the local H-D store for my 7th b-day! The best part is hard to describe?
It was a Ralph Cramton(bus driver) type hat with a black top/white bill and Harley Davidson in white across the front!!

As you can tell by the description, I have vivid memories of those days and can't tell you what I had for dinner last night!!!

Keep it up Paul!!
Ken
I agree. I remember when my mom and I would put the top down in her 5.0 and go cruising. I now do the same with my little girl (3yrs old). She loves it when i pick her up at day care in the "race car" as she calls it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My son is 5. I told him that the traction control button is the "GO FAST" button! I wait until a clear stretch, the tell him to press it, a listen to him giggle (and me too!).

My daily dirver is a Civic, and he is STILL looking for the go fast button in that car!! (and me too!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts