Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
No offense but I can make a Mustang or a GN go faster in a straight line for much cheaper than my old 02 Z.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,580 Posts
:yeadog: there is always someone faster......

even to a lamBo :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree Norman. If you want to go fast in a straight line get a pocket rocket. But since I want to get a new car I'll trade my 02 Z06 for a Viper. Tough call because I've had a blast in my Z. But a 25K upgrade for 100 hp on a car with potential problems makes no sense. I dont want to worrry about any oil burning issues etc as in the 01 Z06's. May even get a deal on the Viper because the C6 Z06 will probably be in high demand. Dealers may mark up said C6 another 10K. Thanks but no thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Again, no offense but you have made a lot of assumptions in your post. First of all, you are only looking at the 100 horses, not all the other technology in the car. Tell me what else you are looking for in a car. I don't think the Viper is going to satisfy you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
"I think we'll find a customer for each Z06 we make." DH :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Yes...the 100 hp isnt the big selling point IMO....it's the WHOLE car. 6 Piston calipers, carbon fiber and all :guiness:


CHRIS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
SC6311 said:
Yes...the 100 hp isnt the big selling point IMO....it's the WHOLE car. 6 Piston calipers, carbon fiber and all :guiness:
CHRIS
I agree 100%. There are dozens of cars in my area that will be faster than a the new Z06. However they will still not have the prestige, mystique or whatever you want to call it of the new Zee.
427 427 427 427 :jammin:

.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,625 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Again, no offense but you have made a lot of assumptions in your post. First of all, you are only looking at the 100 horses, not all the other technology in the car. Tell me what else you are looking for in a car. I don't think the Viper is going to satisfy you.
I believe Norman had a viper, so he may be speaking from experience. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Not to bring up the whole NSX thing again...but it's that same thing in a way. Sure plenty of cars are faster...but the overall balance is hard to beat.

I hope Car and Driver craps their pants!!! :guiness:


CHRIS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
SC6311 said:
Not to bring up the whole NSX thing again...but it's that same thing in a way. Sure plenty of cars are faster...but the overall balance is hard to beat.

I hope Car and Driver craps their pants!!! :guiness:


CHRIS
Yes, NSXs are wonderful. They just lack the power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I personally will not pay more than 60-63k for new Z06..its not worth that much like everyone else is trying to make it. And if GM is smart they wont make it over 65k which i doubt they will. Otherwise, get it 6-12 months used for low 50s. Just wait and see.
I just got my h2 few days back, also used for great price. That is what i plan to do with zo6 if price is above 63k (max).

But, defently want one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Redbull said:
I personally will not pay more than 60-63k for new Z06..its not worth that much like everyone else is trying to make it. And if GM is smart they wont make it over 65k which i doubt they will. Otherwise, get it 6-12 months used for low 50s. Just wait and see.
I just got my h2 few days back, also used for great price. That is what i plan to do with zo6 if price is above 63k (max).

But, defently want one!
I know what you are saying and I hear ya. However, Sometimes it is not about price. It is about the car. I love the car and the technology and I don't mind paying sticker for a car to get it early in production. I bought my last 3 cars like that and haven't regretted any of the purchases.

To each their own. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,963 Posts
GarettO said:
nothing if faster then a lambo... come on!! :blush:
The C5Rs were considerably faster than this Lamebo.You should watch ALMS.Don't buy the hype,show me the wins.

The first rule of Hot rodding is "There is no substitute for cubic inches"I think the 427 will surprize and amaze us.Then think of the possibilities,that will come out of the aftermarket.Big motors have a flatter power curve.500hp @6000rpm is impressive,but 500hp @ 3k,4k,5k and 6k rpm is awesome.475lb ft tq.in a 3000lb car.I can't wait to put that on the track.Will it be worth the money?I have been told it will be the same price as a convertible as always.I have one on order for Sept.Dealers will overprice them at first,but anyone who buys one at an inflated price and doesn't mind paying more, should be Bit--slapped by little girls.They are exactly why cars are so expensive.Something is only worth as much as you are willing to pay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
DWS said:
last weekend at the local dealer, I was told sticker +$25K :eek2:

I'll wait :yeadog:
Guys on ebay are making a killing selling their down payment slots to order one. Last one i saw went for $15,000, that is just to have your name on the list to order one and then you pay what dealer is asking. :screwy:

Jack
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
wiretowire said:
I agree Norman. If you want to go fast in a straight line get a pocket rocket. But since I want to get a new car I'll trade my 02 Z06 for a Viper. Tough call because I've had a blast in my Z. But a 25K upgrade for 100 hp on a car with potential problems makes no sense. I dont want to worrry about any oil burning issues etc as in the 01 Z06's. May even get a deal on the Viper because the C6 Z06 will probably be in high demand. Dealers may mark up said C6 another 10K. Thanks but no thanks.

I'm thinking of buying a new Viper myself especially since they are bringing back the coupe. I would rather have the new Z but that's questionable if it's going to cost the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
gsjack said:
Guys on ebay are making a killing selling their down payment slots to order one. Last one i saw went for $15,000, that is just to have your name on the list to order one and then you pay what dealer is asking. :screwy:

Jack
Ya, that's crazy for sure. Guess some guys have more money than they know what to do with, or else they are fools.

I'm sure most dealers are going to be taking on anywhere from $10Kto 25K depending where they are. Hell, a dealer here in the NW was tacking on $10 on damn 2004 Coupes ... WTF?!? :crazy:
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top