17,744 Posts
wallyman424 said:
care to be a little less cryptic? :lol:
That's so far over my head, I didn't even feel the breeze :ity:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MikeH'sZ06 said:
If so I would say that it is not a close speculation, but thats just me....

So much for what Dave Hill said that we be pleasantly surprised. :puke:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
What folks don't appreciate is how much car you get for that price.
The unfortunate part is I will never pay that much for a vette regardless but if it said Porsche I would.

Just to much for a car I will track and abuse.

I'll wait to they drop way down...like $45-$50k.

So obviously I will have my current car for a long long long time.
:(

·
Registered
179 Posts
IT L GO said:
So much for what Dave Hill said that we be pleasantly surprised. :puke:
As I also agree with Dave on being pleasantly surprised, a fact. As price this weekend was a touchy issue, and speculation only, no real hard facts, yet.
Dealer mark-ups another issue.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I understand it, it is/was a price point that was being considered.

IE. From many hard core big dog Viper guys, (at least road racing) many just don't like the new viper coupe and are looking at the C6 Z06.

Same with many Porshe guys.

Face it, GM really only has 2 decent car lines, Corvette and Cadillac. I think they know they could sell everyone of regardless of price (within reason) why not gain a few extra bucks for the bottom line. I think we all know they can use it.

:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Lets see 52k for a C5Z
add 4k for the aluminum frame and magnesium parts
add 6k for the brakes
add 10K for the motor
add 2k for the extra coolers
add 1k for the larger wheels/tires
add .50 cents for the new interior
oops forgot
$50 for the 505 hp badge

lets see that adds up to

A new C6

There

I must be a matamatikull genius.

Sabot

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Whether or not I can, or anybody else in here can, afford it, it is a steal for the performance. Even at those prices.

Having said that, I'm in.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Great. :roll: More time working and less hanging out here. :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
75K to 80K is a great price if your looking at performance.

Problem is, most people don't track there cars, and most will not pay that kind of money for a car that looks like a 43.7K MSRP 38.2K INVOICE Vette to 95% of the public. That's the reality. Now if GM only wants to sell 2,000 Z06's a year (after the first year frenzy), that's fine, price it at 75-80K. Now at 60K, I think you could sway a lot of Vette buyers and even potential Viper/Porsche buyers/owners to the C6/Z06. But at 80K? No way. You will not get many Porsche/Viper converts. Not because of the lack of performance, but because the image in not there. Why is the image not there? Well, like I said above, you have a base model that looks nearly identical to most people in the general public. Most people dropping 80K care about image, big-time. I'm not speaking for myself, as I am mainly buying for performance, how much 'I' like the look of the car, resale value, and ownership costs.

Of course, GM could price the car at 75-80K, get the first year suckers to buy, and then give massive rebates, etc... when the hoopla wears off. But the car will not sell well if priced over 65K. That's my take.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Just returned from Bowling Green. I checked with numerous sources regarding prices and was told it will be released in June...so I don't know wherre you get these numbers from. :-?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
doesnt make sense! If i remember correctly, GM always prices itself to be a great bang for the buck. At 80K the viper while may not have the same bang for the buck it will have a mighty close bang for the buck. By that i mean consider the following information which might very well be on both ads:
500 HP Vs. 500 HP
3100lbs Vs. 3300 lbs (cool)
hardtop vs. convertible (convertible always sounds better i dont care what we think)
1000 made a year vs. 8000 made a year (come on)
80K vs. 90K (this is where the viper can be attacked the most)

however, change the price to 65 or even 70K and GM will destroy the viper.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you get 90K?

2005 Viper price

MSRP $81,495 Invoice $74,236

And trust me, you can get a new Viper SRT10 convert for 75K.

*Not sure if this price includes gas guzzler or not....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts