Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
3,956 Posts
onerareviper said:
Where did you get 90K?

2005 Viper price

MSRP $81,495 Invoice $74,236

And trust me, you can get a new Viper SRT10 convert for 75K.

*Not sure if this price includes gas guzzler or not....
I know.. but i am just trying to exaggerate the differnece to show that the car cant be priced at 80. The dealer in town was trying to get rid of one at 68K

· Registered
4,851 Posts
ZORA04 said:
judging from where the thread is posted, i would say this is more c6 z06 price speculation.
Might be speculation...most are hoping for a $65K entry point. But remember, it is always easier to have a higher starting point , test the market, and bring your price down from there, if necessary. If you start low, you can only go lower from there. :yeadog:

Don

· Registered
853 Posts
I heard 73,342.13 plus your first born :eek: I will continue to enjoy my anctient 01 650 HP Z and let ya'all chase that new car smell and inflated price :eyes:

· Registered
590 Posts
onerareviper said:
Where did you get 90K?

2005 Viper price

MSRP $81,495 Invoice $74,236

And trust me, you can get a new Viper SRT10 convert for 75K.

*Not sure if this price includes gas guzzler or not....

MSRP is $85345 invoice is $78086

· Registered
1,143 Posts
The higher the MSRP of the new Z06, the better, as it will support healthy resale prices for seriously modded C5 Z06s...

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Steve Tillman said:
MSRP is $85345 invoice is $78086
Sure. I'd like to see ANY car sold for its advertised price... The new Z06 will, I suspect, see signifigant price inflation at the point of sale. Dealers call this additional dealer profit and adjusted market value - I call it consumer gouging and avoid dealerships that do this...

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
What folks don't appreciate is how much car you get for that price.
The unfortunate part is I will never pay that much for a vette regardless but if it said Porsche I would.

Just to much for a car I will track and abuse.

I'll wait to they drop way down...like $45-$50k.

So obviously I will have my current car for a long long long time.
:(
I'm just the opposite. I would never pay $80+ for a car made in a country that lost both world wars. The value per dollar just isn't there with Porsche - their profit margins are the highest of any manufacturer and a modded 200X Z06 is simply a superior value. Spend $120k for a Vette and $120 for a 911 Turbo and the Vette will blow the German's doors back to Stuggart every time. I want value/dollar not simply a marque. I have seveal Rolex's but wear an IWC most of the time - the name is not as well known but the quality is far superior. I don't like to pay for advertising; I much prefer to pay for substance.

· Registered
1,854 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
I'm just the opposite. I would never pay $80+ for a car made in a country that lost both world wars. The value per dollar just isn't there with Porsche - their profit margins are the highest of any manufacturer and a modded 200X Z06 is simply a superior value. Spend $120k for a Vette and $120 for a 911 Turbo and the Vette will blow the German's doors back to Stuggart every time. I want value/dollar not simply a marque. I have seveal Rolex's but wear an IWC most of the time - the name is not as well known but the quality is far superior. I don't like to pay for advertising; I much prefer to pay for substance.

I dont get it, by your sig, you have close to $80k in your Z06 which you'll never see if you tried to sell it, but you say $80k is too much for an American car, $80 k is too much for me, but not for the 500hp Z06 that will whip me on a straight , curves and durability even if I spend $30k on my Z06 :screwy:

· Registered
1,590 Posts
No one will ever accuse me of being a big fan of C6 styling, I'm not, and have said so in the past. I am also not enamored of GM deciding to base the new Z on the coupe, which, even if my grandmother was alive, she would be unlikely to notice the differences between base and Z cars. The myriad of electronic "nannies" built into the new car are also a turn-off for me.

Is GM stupid enough to charge $75-$80k for a new Z? Well, if you would look at the bulk of their bland product lines, their abysmal first quarter earnings, the substantial devaluation of their stock - well, you might just be tempted to say "yessir, they could be that stupid".

But, I don't believe it. I believe MSRP for the base model Z will be between $64-$65k - this does not include POS dealer gouging and/or the usual "I have to be first" buyers known for their abundance of largesse sometimes combined with that least common element in the universe - common sense. An educated buyer purchasing at MSRP should get out the door between $68-$69k including taxes, tag, title, etc for the base model.

I would guess that the pimped up model will run an extra $5k. Within 2 years, a slightly better car will be offered at real pricing several k below MSRP.

Given it's performance competition, these are not unreasonable prices, but prices that are too high for me at this time, especially given my lukewarm opinion of the car. However, I can afford further improve the performance of my '02 well beyond C6Z levels for a modest sum, and continue to enjoy the style I prefer... :cheers:

· Premium Member
4,018 Posts
BLEUBYU said:
No one will ever accuse me of being a big fan of C6 styling, I'm not, and have said so in the past. I am also not enamored of GM deciding to base the new Z on the coupe, which, even if my grandmother was alive, she would be unlikely to notice the differences between base and Z cars. The myriad of electronic "nannies" built into the new car are also a turn-off for me.

But, I don't believe it. I believe MSRP for the base model Z will be between $64-$65k - this does not include POS dealer gouging and/or the usual "I have to be first" buyers known for their abundance of largesse sometimes combined with that least common element in the universe - common sense. An educated buyer purchasing at MSRP should get out the door between $68-$69k including taxes, tag, title, etc for the base model.

I would guess that the pimped up model will run an extra $5k. Within 2 years, a slightly better car will be offered at real pricing several k below MSRP.

Given it's performance competition, these are not unreasonable prices, but prices that are too high for me at this time, especially given my lukewarm opinion of the car. However, I can afford further improve the performance of my '02 well beyond C6Z levels for a modest sum, and continue to enjoy the style I prefer... :cheers:
Wow, I like your way of thinking!!! I'm with you in these opinions

· Registered
590 Posts
MSiska said:
How the heck are we going to be pleasantly surprised at this price? :-?

Is this what MP will sell them for?

$85345 was the correct MSRP of the 2005 Viper not the price of the new Z06..my contacts at GM tell me the new Z06 is going to start at $66k-$67k (built like like the last Z06) and can be optioned up to $71k-$72k with all the buttons and bells a real hot rod doesn't need. MSRP is what I am selling them for. I am NOT selling above MSRP.

· Registered
15 Posts
I went in to the Louis Henna dealership in North Austin Texas and asked about the new C6 Z06. I first asked about whether they were taking orders for them yet. The manager replied yes. I asked the price. He looked at me and said 100,000 dollars. My heart sunk into a bottomless pit. "100k? Jesus." I took a look around at a C6 then left the dealership shaking my head. No thanks i'm going to have to wait a while when they go down. ;) :p :usa:

· Registered
1,143 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I dont get it, by your sig, you have close to $80k in your Z06 which you'll never see if you tried to sell it, but you say $80k is too much for an American car, $80 k is too much for me, but not for the 500hp Z06 that will whip me on a straight , curves and durability even if I spend $30k on my Z06 :screwy:
My only point, if there is one to be made, is that if you are looking for a marque, or a babe magnet, then buy a Ferarri or Porsche. If you are looking for serious performance for your dollar, buy a Z06 Vette. The C6 Z06 is an amazing value and has performance that is equal or superior to the other cars at a fraction of the price. I have a Vette. I hunt, kill, ingest, digest, and shit out upper-end Porsches and Ferraris. I don't like to waste gas on Boxters and ///M3s and NA 911s. I had a really nice yellow Ferarri 350 Moderno kill on the 610 freeway loop in Houston over the weekend. You should have seen the look on the guy's face as I was pulling away from him in 5th and 6th without much effort. Bigger brakes, better wheels, coilover suspension, and a 427. And the engine still needs more tuning...

You are close. I have roughly $100k in my Vette as the 427 C5R engine alone was $30k. If I ever considered selling it, I would not discuss anything under $50k because, with the exception of the greatly overpiced Enzo, it will blow any European car off the road and has only 15K miles on it. Period. I specifically said I am unwilling to pay $80k for a German car. I would gladly pay >=$80k for a well-made high-performance American car. The new Z06 is an AWESOME value even if it were $130K - go price a damned 911 Carerra Turbo for a comparison. Whimpy 415 bhp and 350 lb-ft for $130K in a 3,500 lb car. Please. My next serious performance car will likely be a Mosler Photon in street trim. It does not have the European marque but it will quite literally blow the doors off of everything else on the road - including anything from Italy, Germany, or Japan. Period. Its basically a seriously modded carbon-fiber matrix honeycomb Z06 with a 1,800 lb curb weight. The six Car & Driver records set by this car speak for themselves and the car is made in Jacksonville, Florida in the great USA.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I felt I got burned when I bought my then new 1990 ZR1 King of the Hill for over $60,000.00 after the 1991 was already out
in Aug 1990. They originally wanted $72-75,000.00

I won't buy the new corvette for that price. GM has too many financial problems to have these cars sitting on the show room floors. I say $65,000.00 tops. :usa:

· Registered
308 Posts
Save your pennies and wait for a year or two and I believe you will be able to buy the C6 Z for under 65k.
I'm still not interested, I might buy a C6 coupe for a retirement gift but I can't use 500 horses.
That is the price increaser for the Z. 427 special build, same as the ZR1 special build engine. Very costly.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.