Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 800 miles into it now after almost 2 weeks - more impressions:

I drive the car to work and around town every day - great daily driver.
The exhaust is still getting throatier by the mile. Sounds awesome.
People really notice the 405 badge (enthusiasts anyway).
No trouble with other drivers, no trouble parking in any lot in town thus far (I don't double park but I do park in bigger spots when I can find them).
The tires REALLY hook up - I drive with ah/tc off all the time, and even in the rain when I jump on it in 1st the rears slip a little going around corners, I give it a quick correction in steering, the rear end bites and away I go. No drama, no terror.
Friends are simply amazed at how hard the car pulls high in the rpm range.
I've only made it to 100mph so far, haven't been on the open highway yet to hit the 150 club - probably this weekend. I will of course be very careful in doing it.
THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!!! I LOVE IT!:)

Mods I've made:
Got the windows tinted - looks nice.
CAGS bypass - a must.
Put on an exhaust plate (between the tips).
Painted the front plate letters and rear facia letters - 1/2 hour job and cost is about $4. Looks great.
Put the B&M shifter in - simply amazing how quick shifts are now. The stock shifter and knob are junk in comparison.
Euro lights are on order.
Going to order front corner light blackouts.
Will lower about 1" next week.
Thinking about long tube headers and an intake - still waiting for others to verify the improvement.
Changed oil at 530 miles - looked great. Didn't burn a drop.
Zaino and 4 washes already.

·
Registered
0 Posts
VERY NICE, Todd!! :cool:

I know you are an experienced racer, but be careful with the AH turned off. I know of another certain MY Z06 that had an encounter with a tree because his AH was turned off. :eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I think I would leave AH/TC on -- mostly on wet roads :eek:

Did it have a magnetic drain plug in it? Hope you put the UPF44 oil filter in it (Ultragaurd). I find that they increase the oil pressure some because they flow alot better (less restrictive).

Sounds like you really like the Ripper shifter. I'm still debating on it or the Kirbin or Hurst (when it comes out).

Keep it on the road :D.

·
Registered
316 Posts
CAGS bypass - a must.
Put on an exhaust plate (between the tips).
Put the B&M shifter in - simply amazing how quick shifts are now. The stock shifter and knob are junk in comparison.
Euro lights are on order.
Going to order front corner light blackouts.

----------------------------------

How much are these items?
CAGS and B&M Shifter and Eurolights??
What are the difference from OE light to Euros?
Where do I get more info?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
How many widows did you tint? In Michigan you can legally only tint the rear. If you tinted the side, expect to be pulled over in the not to distant future. State troopers are notorious for writing tickets on this. ;)

G

·
Lookin' good! The mods sound great. I'm starting to look at shifters too, the factory one is getting anoying.

Thanks for the cruise on Woodward for dream cruise. The Millenium Yellow is HOT. Kinda wish I waited for a MY one now.....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Looking great, Lambinator! Nice color choice :). Maybe someday soon ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZeeOhSix,

I bought the B&M Ripper 3 days ago and didnt care for it too much. Too much rattle for my taste and the shifter was very, very stiff. I then bought a Kirban and installed it yesterday and loved it! It was 10 times better than the Ripper IMHO and a thousand times better than stock. Hope this helps your decision somewhat.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Saint -- thanks for the shifter input. I've heard the same from alot of guys that they change to the Kirban after having the Ripper. Seems like the Kirban is the way to go based on this trend. I might wait to see what the new Hurst shifter is like if it comes out soon. At this point it looks like the Kirban for my Z :D.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't install the magnetic drain plug - might do that in the future.

I tinted the rear to limo, and the sides to a "medium" shade, a little lighter than limo. I had my Z24 done the same way and drove like a maniac for 5 years without any tint tickets, even after getting pulled over for speeding numerous times.

The BSM's are cool....after all that debating about getting them, I really like em :)

Just installed the Euro lights today, it was easy! :cool: Got em from MattG at Exit 28.

Really liking the Ripper more and more, it's starting to loosen up a bit, making the shifts more precise. The main adjustment I had to make with the Ripper was going from a gentle, smooth shift (2 finger type of shift) to a firm, solid shift (full hand wrapped around the shifter). Trying to be gentle with the Ripper will get you nowhere in a big hurry!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Saint said:
ZeeOhSix,

I bought the B&M Ripper 3 days ago and didnt care for it too much. Too much rattle for my taste and the shifter was very, very stiff. I then bought a Kirban and installed it yesterday and loved it! It was 10 times better than the Ripper IMHO and a thousand times better than stock. Hope this helps your decision somewhat.
What makes it "better"?

JC

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Lambinator said:
Didn't install the magnetic drain plug - might do that in the future.

I tinted the rear to limo, and the sides to a "medium" shade, a little lighter than limo. I had my Z24 done the same way and drove like a maniac for 5 years without any tint tickets, even after getting pulled over for speeding numerous times.

I am still curious regarding the tint. Did the installer make you sign a statement saying that it was a violation of Michigan law, and you understood that. The best guy up here in the UP requires that, so you can't come back and sue him. My neighbor got two tickets for this and gave up on it. Watch out if you come to the UP. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SMFCPACFP said:

I am still curious regarding the tint. Did the installer make you sign a statement saying that it was a violation of Michigan law, and you understood that. The best guy up here in the UP requires that, so you can't come back and sue him. My neighbor got two tickets for this and gave up on it. Watch out if you come to the UP. :)
No signature required. If fact, the last time I was there they told me they had insurance on the side window tint for 50 bux or so. If you got pulled over and got a ticket, they would remove the tint so you could go back and get the ticket signed off, then they would replace the tint afterwards.

It may be a violation of MI law to drive with the tint on the windows, but it's not a violation for the tint shop to put the tint on the windows, so there's no need for signatures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts