Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 9.5 psi of boost on a stock 02 Z will the car last long or is that too much without droping comp and forging?
Thx

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Depends on your definition of "long".

It'll last as long as it takes you to get to 9.5PSI for the first time, but not long after that (if at all).

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I would never run it over 6 lbs with stock compression ratio and internals.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are talking about a Twin Turbo but if this is true how much would it be to set this motor up for boost, The reason is i am looking into a TT kit from a non sponsered vendor they want 14 for a forged motor with lower comp for 15 psi to 57mm turbos, Im just looking for the right parts to build the motor, I would love to install the turbo too, but the deal is unbeatable so i was going to go through them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much would i be looking at to spend if i was to make close to 700 rwhp if i did everything ie. tubro kit pistons,rods,crank,cam(if i need it) fuel system (if i need i think i will)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MuffinMan said:
With 9.5 psi of boost on a stock 02 Z will the car last long or is that too much without droping comp and forging?
Thx
Page FRC Tom, he some real life experience's with it comes to to much Boost. IMO 6 PSI is about the Max. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
IT L GO said:
Page FRC Tom, he some real life experience's with it comes to much Boost. IMO 6 PSI is about the Max. :cheers:
I can give you some real life experience. I ran a Procharger with about 8lbs of boost for all of 3k miles. When I replace the engine and broke down the stock engine...my #7 piston just started to crumble apart as we picked at it. Im now running one of A&A's stage II forged motors.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Your IATs are generally hotter with a turbo also, 6-7lbs max with the timing on top brought down under 15. You will lose #7 piston running 9+lbs.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
FRC Tom said:
Your IATs are generally hotter with a turbo also, 6-7lbs max with the timing on top brought down under 15. You will lose #7 piston running 9+lbs.
Tom,

Why is it that it's always #7 that goes. Just curious

Jim

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll be running 8psi with a set of LQ4 heads, for now. . . :sneaky: I don't know why more people don't just get a set of truck heads. They have the same ports as the Z06 heads, just less compression, just begging for boost!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
spdrcrj said:
Tom,

Jim
The best I can figure is it's the hottest chamber, it goes before the others.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
BBaxR6 said:
I'll be running 8psi with a set of LQ4 heads, for now. . . :sneaky: I don't know why more people don't just get a set of truck heads. They have the same ports as the Z06 heads, just less compression, just begging for boost!!
Especially with a little porting and 2.055/1.60 valves. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
a lil tom?

·
Registered
48 Posts
spdrcrj said:
Tom,

Jim
Look at the intake manifold design. The straightest shot from the throttle body into the intake runner is on the #7 cylinder. It usually gets more air than others and runs a little lean. That's why LS1s are so rich on the factory tune.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, just got my S/C setup running, and with the 4.10" pulley, I get 9.5psi of boost at redline. Guess i'll let you know how long she lasts!!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'm shooting for around 9 psi when my T-trim is complete with AFR 205s. The CR should be around 10.2-1 though. Should have the car back this weekend. :D

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
WayneE said:
Will the T-Trim bolt in to the existing brackets?
Vortech can up-grade your existing head unit Wayne. Here's what mine looked like when it came back from Vortech:

BTW: I was running the LS1 pulley set on my car before this up-grade @ 7.5psi. Had 0 problems. The tune is the thing guys! :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts