Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 z06 that I want to upgrade to a 90mm intake and TB. I've read that an ls2 TB will work fine as long as you get the cable adapter for it but my question is could I just go with an ls3 TB with a cable adapter because it's still 90mm and they are cheaper and easier to find.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,820 Posts
You did not state if the engine is stock, has mods, or has boost

If stock there is no real gains doing this as the flow is still restricted as to volume of runners of intake manifold, size of intake valves and volume of cylinders which stock is only 1.2 grams where the intake manifold is a reserve and holds more then enough air

If you swap you have to see what else changes as location of port for PCV, EVAP, C6 TB designed where drive by wire motor is on right side where
C5 TB DBW is on left side. Cannot change to a C6 DBW motor as it will mismatch the design of APP ( sensors of gas pedal) and cause all kinds of odd engine conditions

Now that means if still using C5 MAF which is 85 mm, if so then again no gains
If also then using a C6 MAF, now needs a PCM tune as the calibration is very different and LS3 MAF mounts into the air-bridge so now that also has to be dealt with
LS2 MAF still uses one like the C5 but calibration to PCM is different

If not done right will have issues like at idle, throttle response and could have loss of torque

What may be seen as performance gains doing what you ask may in fact be nothing more then change of airflow sound making it feel faster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts