Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my way back home from Orlando today I had a very fun and high speed incident with a 911 Turbo...check out the expression on the drivers face:D You can see the reflection of my EB Z and the Chromies in the Black paint.

We ran at speeds in excess of 140...my very kewl administrative assistant took these pics...she's on her 2nd M3 and loves high speed cars.

Btw, my new V1 works GREAAT!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Too :cool: Les; looks like you walked him nicely.

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Cool shots. I would definitely be interested in the comparison between the cars accelerations.

- Charley

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The look on the guys face tells you the outcome.;) The 911 Turbo is no sloucher...my experience today reinforces Car & Drivers September comparison in which the Z06 came out on top. This guy did give me a run for my $$..he did not back off....although I was not going to challenge him in speed in excess of 145 and I truly believe he felt the same way. Fubu:cool:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Nice. He doesn't look too happy :)

Course, I wouldn't either had I found out the hard way that I spent 40k too much ;)

JC

·
Premium Member
20,626 Posts
That was too :cool: The poor guy is probably thinking "This can't be happening!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Allright !!!!!

Great pics Fubu! Good thing you had a camera handy to capture this.

Imagine what was running thru his head as he realized an American built Corvette smoked his "imported, over-priced," car AND pictures are being taken while it happens!!!!:lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just priced it out online...with the wheel, tires Badging etc options I come up with an MSRP of around 129k if not more. :eek: Fubu/Les

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zippy, Frank an JC taught me well...I always have my digicam with me ready to go...you never know!;) :lol: Les

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's more like $80K more the 911 turbo over the Z06.

Les, how do you like those BPP step headers now that you have lived with them for a couple of months? Have put it back on the dyno yet? My headers should be in the shop this week and if my schedule permits I will come down the following week to do the install. I am leaning toward the headers & street x-pipe; eliminating the pre-cats and keeping the main cats in place.

I will let you know when I come down for sure!

You gotta love that open stretch of the turnpike.

Don

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don, I love the set up...would do it all over again in a minute.

If I were you I would keep the main cats or go with the Hi-Flo Random Tech Cats..that maybe my next and last move...the '03 model is only 7 months away.

Most of my '02 Mods will be transfered over to my '03 Z06. Fubu/Les

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hi Les,

Another opp to show the world what the Z06 is made of! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts