Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The new Corvette hardtop completes the fifth-generation Corvette lineup," said John G. Middlebrook, Chevrolet general manager. "Some Corvette customers have asked for a lighter, stiffer and slightly more agile high-performance model -- and our new hardtop gives them that car."

"The '99 hardtop is most certainly 'legend' material," Middlebrook said. "The hardtop's historical significance is rare among its competitors. I think the '99 hardtop could be one of the classic 'Vettes in an already legendary lineage. Early press reports on the car are uniformly enthusiastic and that just backs up my conviction that we're on the right track here."

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hi Larry,

In a lot of ways it is unfortunate that there were only 6000 or so made before they turned into th Z06. On one hand, it may be that our, much cherished, FRCs will become classics. I hope so, just because I would like to see this very short production run carried on as a tradition.

In fact, as a point of curiosity... Is there any smaller number of full production Vettes?

Take care,

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sigung86 said:
Hi Larry,

In a lot of ways it is unfortunate that there were only 6000 or so made before they turned into th Z06. On one hand, it may be that our, much cherished, FRCs will become classics. I hope so, just because I would like to see this very short production run carried on as a tradition.

In fact, as a point of curiosity... Is there any smaller number of full production Vettes?

Take care,
Yes, the ZR1 and the '67 L88, ''70 LT1, '63 fuely, '57 fuely and I'll have to do some research for the numbers. The ZR1 was produced for only five years and production was around 6, 639, which would be considered less, because it was produced over five yrs. I had a better memory 20 years ago, and I can't believe I forgot. Regards.....Father Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts