Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am thinking about getting the A&A blower for my car but I would like to hear some 1/4 times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[email protected] Obviously, the F1's are completely useless on the drag strip. Thank god for some nitto 555rII's going on the car tomorrow. :)

Derrick

·
Registered
413 Posts
VISOUS....I have been hanging around this site for a few months learning about SC (considering one myself) ... this is what I have gathered on times .... most SC vettes are not "set-up" for 1/4 and times are commonly not as good as seen from H/C vettes which usually are "set-up" for 1/4 ... SC times are all over the page based on driver and traction, on stock tires low 12s (occasional 11s) but big mph numbers, usually 125mph or higher....if some traction (DR) then mid/low 11s and occasional high 10...if "set-up" for traction and tuned for 1/4 then deep into the 10s and 130mph+ ...

others will probably start building on my comments.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A buddy of mine has an 04 Z with A & A blower kit on it and on stock tires was running around 11.6 @ 127 mph on F1's. he has the blower,*stock cam*, & LG LT headers. He dynoed around 550 rwhp don't remember the tq.

My car is a cam only car right now. I am set up for drag racing with 4.10 gears DTE brace, hardnes rearend both sides. I use the CCW drag pkg. My best run to day is [email protected] 124 mph with a 5500 rpm launch. I am still running stock clutch.

I would like to see some guys that are set up for drag racing. If I switch to the A&A blower with the blower cam can I run the 10's?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
VICOUS said:
A buddy of mine has an 04 Z with A & A blower kit on it and on stock tires was running around 11.6 @ 127 mph on F1's. he has the blower,*stock cam*, & LG LT headers. He dynoed around 550 rwhp don't remember the tq.

My car is a cam only car right now. I am set up for drag racing with 4.10 gears DTE brace, hardnes rearend both sides. I use the CCW drag pkg. My best run to day is [email protected] 124 mph with a 5500 rpm launch. I am still running stock clutch.

I would like to see some guys that are set up for drag racing. If I switch to the A&A blower with the blower cam can I run the 10's?
I can't see why not. Why not put your ccw's on your buddys car and give it a whirl?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've just got my car back together after a list of straight line performance mods.
clutch & flywheel
DTE rear & brace
QA1 shocks
line lock
A&A upgrade kit
ECS methanol injection
6 pt cage
After some break in miles & a new tune I'll be hunting a 10 sec slip.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
robz said:
I can't see why not. Why not put your ccw's on your buddys car and give it a whirl?
Once he gets his DTE brace and harden parts installed we will have to do that.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
VICOUS said:
Once he gets his DTE brace and harden parts installed we will have to do that.
Cool. That should give you a good comparo. Are u debating just doing the heads vs. the supercharger?? A good set of ported heads will get u in the 10's as well. And you can keep the set up the way it is. With the supercharger you may have to switch the gears back out again. My next move will likey be doing the heads soon but I have considered many other options as well. My thought are that it will complete the package. I would also go with a 90/90 set up where the fast mani is ported to match the heads. You may see 20rwhp just from that. So, you may be able to get 50 rwhp from heads and bolt ons. Not trying to confuse you, just thinking aloud because I'm in a similiar position. I'm gunning for mid 10's in good air. Goodluck and let us know your plans.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I am looking at a couple of different things. One is getting a Fast 90 w/ a NW 90TB along with a set of Great heads and shoot for that 490-500 rwhp. Which would go good with what I have already done. The other option was to switch out my cam for a blower cam and get the A&A kit with 6 psi and run it for awhile then see about getting a forged bottom and the rasing the PSI. You know something to grow with.

·
Registered
413 Posts
VICOUS said:
My car is a cam only car right now. I am set up for drag racing with 4.10 gears DTE brace, hardnes rearend both sides. I use the CCW drag pkg. My best run to day is [email protected] 124 mph with a 5500 rpm launch. I am still running stock clutch. QUOTE]

the 4:10s may not be optimal for a blower, huge TQ numbers and power not distributed across same rpm band as camed or H/C set-up ....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I thought about that. I use to have a 96 383 LT4 with a custom Vortech I/C blower pushing 12 psi 560/540 with 3.73 gears. Which worked great for that car, but I don't know about this one. If I go with a blower I will switch the gears out, to what I don't know yet.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was at the 1/8 on Friday, have a meet here once a year [yah pathetic i know]....Good launch pad [new concrete] hot 91 sunny... 60 ft times in the 220-s no matter how i launched...MPH was 98-99 ....I believe this would be in the 128+ for the quarter...The car really pulls insane over 5000 rpm-s...Hope this helps you with your decision.. :guiness:

·
Registered
274 Posts
tazinhawaii said:
[email protected] Obviously, the F1's are completely useless on the drag strip. Thank god for some nitto 555rII's going on the car tomorrow. :)

Derrick
you may be disappointed with the r2's as they are somewhat useless when running +450rwhp. with 405rwhp my r2's hooked great. with 560rwhp i spun most of the way in the 1/4. i just put some 315 bfg's on, but haven't been to the strip yet. hopefully they will be better.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
rutiger said:
you may be disappointed with the r2's as they are somewhat useless when running +450rwhp. with 405rwhp my r2's hooked great. with 560rwhp i spun most of the way in the 1/4. i just put some 315 bfg's on, but haven't been to the strip yet. hopefully they will be better.
Hope they work better for you. I've got a set & they are not much better then the F1's with the charger hp.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
rutiger said:
They will be much better. My best 60' with my street tires is 1.8x(nitto 555r2). My best 60' with bfg drag radials is 1.50. You need to lower the pressure to 15 psi and do big burnout.(it will take 2-3 passes to break them in.) With 560 rwhp you will still spin alot but it will be controllable. Et street are your best bet.Let us know how u do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts