Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys n Gals

Can any of you comment on Andy’s (A & A) single intercooler changeover kit? I’m not really pleased with the ATI dual intercooler setup and all the associated plumbing. Every time I get under the car it I find the plumbing has dropped and drags or the bov filter gets crushed for some reason. Its a matter of time before it gets trashed. Andy’s kit is just much cleaner and more efficient.

Can you comment on:

How easy was it to convert your system? How long did it take?

How much more power did you pick up? How much more boost are you making?

Will the added air flow/boost screw up my programming to the point where I couldn't drive it 4 hours to my tuner? (I assume I could just stay out of the boost)

I’m not really looking to produce more power per se. I would like a little more torque but I’m concerned with keeping it safe. I really just want to clean up the install.

Thanks guys!
Phil
:cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I went to Andy's BBQ last summer and I was talking to a guy there who had the kit on his car. Anyway, he's known Andy for a while and he was telling me about his kit. He said that Andy's kit is so efficient with a single intercooler that when they first made the change the car put down about 40 rwhp more. I'm not sure what other changes were made (more boost er something). But, I can tell you that that is what I was told.

I would do it. It's supposed to be a much cleaner install.

Good luck,
Alex

·
Registered
200 Posts
Both A&A and ECS offer terrific custom ProCharger kits. I assume you're talking about switching over to the better tensioner and FMIC (with much reduced plumbing).. The gains gains are substantial. The installation of the FMIC, new plumbing, new tensioner, etc is not a trivial task. I would estimate at least ten hours of work. A retune would definitely be advisable.

Good Luck,

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously? Do you really think it would take 10 hours? What do you think would take so long? I figured 5 tops but I dont really care about the time so much as how much more boost it will make, etc. I really dont want to push the motor.
Hell, I'll just get the kit and see how it goes.
I would have thought that more people here converted to the SIC...guess not.

Wayne - you da man. Thanks for the offer. I think I'll take you up on it this time. I wore poor Mike out installing the tunnel plate. We counldn't get the 3/8" plate in without dropping the header to save our lives. I'll give him a break this time.

Upgrades are fun, eh?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You should call Andy, he's very accesible and his shop phone is forwarded to his cell phone...

Greg

·
Registered
200 Posts
My time estimate may not be the greatest - it took me nearly two hours to install a Blackwing. lol

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts