Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've always turned the a/c off before killing in every car i've ever had. then turn it on after starting. just a habit i was taught, supposedly making it easier on the next start. but the Z turns the a/c off every stinking time i turn it on when i do this. i start it, hit a/c it comes on for about 5 to 10 seconds then turns off, i turn it back on and it stays on. really annoying, it does it in fresh air or max/recirc mode. however i have noticed if i leave it on when i kill it, it starts then waits a couple seconds before kicking on. is it necessary to turn it off when you kill it, or does it start with the compressor off, then wait a bit then kick on?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The air is turned on by the memory settings just like the seat moves into position when you get in. It will remember the same settings that you have programed when you turn the car off. If you want the air on when you start it...leave it on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
case2307 said:
The air is turned on by the memory settings just like the seat moves into position when you get in. It will remember the same settings that you have programed when you turn the car off. If you want the air on when you start it...leave it on.
cool, but why does it override me turning it on eveyrtime? i start it, hit the ac on, it is on for a few seconds then turn off every time? i hit it one more time and it stays on.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Not sure...I'd hit the program button on the door the next time I parked it...and see what happens when you get in the car the next time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It doesn't matter if you turn the A/C off manually or not. Once you go past a certain throttle and/or RPM threshold, it turns the A/C off. Something like 90% throttle and/or above, maybe 4000. I guess I could look at a stock map I pulled off with HP Tuners and give you an exact number (you can modify these thresholds with tuning software).

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I have never noticed the cold air stop flowing when I am beating the crap out of my car.. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Maybe give a dealer a call. Shutting off doesn't happen to me. What bugs me is that everytime I turn the a/c on, the outside air light is switched on. I usually recirculate it to keep the cab cooler.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmm... everytime i turn the a/c on it goes to recirculate. maybe it depends on what you have the temp set to. i always have it turned all the way down to 60. so then everytime i want to just turn the fan on for fresh air when it's 61 outside, the a/c comes on. smartass car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Like previously stated, the air is controlled by the memory option. Press your memory buttton and make sure your seat and mirrors are in the proper position. Then turn on the air and hold the memory button. That way the air will always start.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BBaxR6 said:
It doesn't matter if you turn the A/C off manually or not. Once you go past a certain throttle and/or RPM threshold, it turns the A/C off. Something like 90% throttle and/or above, maybe 4000. I guess I could look at a stock map I pulled off with HP Tuners and give you an exact number (you can modify these thresholds with tuning software).
i'm talking about idleing right after start, turn it on, on for 5 seconds, then turns itself off, not when i'm out running it.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Stumbo said:
Maybe give a dealer a call. Shutting off doesn't happen to me. What bugs me is that everytime I turn the a/c on, the outside air light is switched on. I usually recirculate it to keep the cab cooler.

Same here.

Also when I floor it the compressor does shut off until I let up. I remember the old days of manually turning the air off when racing or passing on a two lane highway especially in a 4 cylinder to get that extra bit of HP if it was close. :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
When i get in my 02 Zo6 the a/c doesnt turn onn for a few seconds and then turns off, mine will stay on till i turn it off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F1_SS said:
When i get in my 02 Zo6 the a/c doesnt turn onn for a few seconds and then turns off, mine will stay on till i turn it off.
i think the solution is most likely gonna be turning it on then reholding the memory button. i was just wondering, back in the day my dad always taught me to kill any car with the a/c off, so that it isn't on the next time you're trying to start it. i guess the thinking is extra drag on the starter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts