Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, well I probably should have posted this when I got the car dynoed but didn't think anything of it.. My car is going to get retuned in a few weeks (once I get my headers on the car) but there is one thing that has been bugging me.. MY TRAP SPEEDS!

I have not been able to get over 113mph and I just don't get it.. There were a few times where we had a nasty head wind but of the 6 or so times that Ive been to the track I have never been able to trap over 113mph.. Ive been nailing my shifts and my 60fts pretty well, but I can't seem to trap as well as everyone else and with my headers and intake awaiting install Im a little worried that its going to take 2grand just to get to other stock car standards...

As far as my cars condition is concerned my 04 has about 5000miles on it, and is 100% stock.. All I do is drop the tire pressure down to about 18psi and turn off traction control..

The only thing I can come up with as to why my traps are so low is because my air fuel is a little rich.. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

John

VERY large version

·
Registered
252 Posts
How are your traps compared to other stock Z06's at your track?

I made like 345rwhp stock and usually trapped 115-116. Then I added headers, exhaust, vararam and a shifter and could squeak up to around 118 at my normal track. However, when I'd travel to the other local track, I'd see as high as 122.

Point being, some tracks have really optimistic or pessimistic traps. See what you do against a similar car and what its trap speed is. That should be more accurate.

·
Registered
242 Posts
DBK is right about the differences of various tracks regarding the trap speeds. As you know a good indicator of horsepower is mph. 60 foot times have little effect on your speed but when you shift will. You'll get your best mph by shifting near the rev-limiter setting without hitting it. 113 is about where I ran when stock so you're doing fine. Most of us worry about the ETs, not the mph.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
You do still have some power left on the table.
12:1 AFR is still a bit rich. You can go 12.8:1 with no problems at all n/a.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts