Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forwarded to me by a friend at work. Thought others might have some interest.

Hemmings Motors News Becomes Radio-Active!

BENNINGTON, Vermont - November 29, 2001: Hemmings Motor News
is hitting the air waves and bringing their extensive array of collector car knowledge and automotive expertise into the garages, automobiles and homes of hobbyists nationwide. Hemmings will air exclusively on AutoWorld radio, part of the Talk America Networks beginning in December 2001. AutoWorld radio is heard each Sunday by 1.4 million car enthusiasts from 5-7 PM EST. Each week from 6:30 -7:00 PM EST, Hemmings Editor-in-Chief of Special Interest Autos magazine, Richard Lentinello, will introduce a new topic for discussion.

Features will include current trends in the collector car hobby, great cars for the first-time old-car buyers, what to look for when deciding on a restoration shop, to great sports cars for $5,000 or less. Long and Lentinello will lead discussions on general maintenance, buying and selling used cars, buying new cars, DYI repairs and modifications, establishing values and collectible status and current trends in automotive styling and design. Topics will allow callers to share ideas and ask specific questions.

Lentinello, an Alumni of Pratt Institute who majored in Interior Design, made a successful switch to magazine publishing due to his passion for automobiles and in 1987 founded Carrozzeria, a quarterly publication about coach building and restoration of classic and European sports cars. Before signing on as Executive Editor at Hemmings Motor News in 1998, Lentinello served as Editor-in-Chief for High Performance Pontiac, Muscle Cars magazine, Vette magazine and High-Tech Performance
magazine. In the past he owned and operated a restoration shop, an outgrowth of his hobby of restoring old British cars.

Radio and automobiles have been lifelong passions for the host
of America's Automobile Enthusiast Show, AutoWorld. Born in
Boston, Bob Long is a veteran of 20-plus years in the profession
of radio broadcasting. Long is currently the host of another radio
program, Car Crazy, News Desk Anchor of Motor
Trend Radio, CoHost of "On the Rocks" a new TV
show on SUV's and off roading debuting this fall on Speedvision
and the National Spokesperson for Sears Diehard Security Battery.

AutoWorld is a live, two hour talk show on the Talk America
Radio Networks, and is the only live radio program devoted to
America's love affair with the automobile. AutoWorld got its start
as a part time show on Talk America in 1993. By 1995 it had gone
to full time. Since then it has grown tremendously from 6 stations
to over 140. The show has quickly grown to become one of the
premier non-repair automobile shows in the world attracting top
journalists, experts and auto personalities on a week to week basis.
It is a unique show reminiscing about the cars of the past, reviewing the cars of the present and looking ahead to the cars of tomorrow. AutoWorld is also heard on Real Time-streaming audio on theautochannel.com and talkamerica.com. Shows are archived on autochannel.com.

Since 1954, Hemmings Motor News has served the collector-car
hobby and currently carries over 800 pages of hobby advertising
each month to a paid circulation of nearly 260,000 and readership
of over 500,000. Packed with thousands of classified and display ads for collector cars, trucks and motorcycles; parts and services; clubs and events; and other hard-to-find resources for the hobbyist, Hemmings has become indispensable to the collector car enthusiast.

Along with the monthly Hemmings Motor News and bi-monthly
Special Interest Autos, the company also publishes the "Hemmings Collector Car Almanac, the world's most complete directory for the collector car hobby and industry, as well as Hemmings Rods & Performance, a hobby/industry directory for street-rod enthusiasts.

Hemmings also offers a complete line of gift products, which includes an extensive line of die-cast models, vintage vehicle calendars, books, and clothing, all available by phone or online.

For online hobbyists, www.hemmings.com, has greatly expanded its information franchise, offering an online database of over 30,000 searchable ads for cars, parts, tools and services plus a host of new features, including Car Club Central, a unique Online Car Show, and an Online Dealer Showroom, featuring the collector car inventories of over 80 classic car dealers coast to coast.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Manatee said:
1fastdog, thanks. Are you looking for an older muscle car ???
Not really...I owned too many of them when they were "new"... I want my ''67 L88 with Halibrands and no heater... naw, so not really...the FRC is more fun by a bunch... and will become more fun as time and funds allow.:;)

THOUGH... if I had the L88 car back I could afford a bunch of toys with the sale proceeds.:eek:;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
1fastdog said:

Not really...I owned too many of them when they were "new"... I want my ''67 L88 with Halibrands and no heater... naw, so not really...the FRC is more fun by a bunch... and will become more fun as time and funds allow.:;)

THOUGH... if I had the L88 car back I could afford a bunch of toys with the sale proceeds.:eek:;)
Hey 1fastdog ... That IS the truth. About 35 years ago I used to help a friend out in California race his 66 Chevelle with an L-88! What a monster!:eek:

Funny though, 5 bucks doesn't buy as much gas as it did back then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts